Student Measure Chart
The Measure Chart shows you the student's Star CBM assessments for a specific measure during this school year.
How to Get to This Page
In the Star Record Book, with the CBM Assessments tab selected, select a student's latest score for a measure. Then, select the progress link at the bottom of the popup window.
Making Selections on the Page
At the top of the page, the drop-down lists reflect the subject, class or group, student, and measure that you have selected; if you have access to more than one school, you'll also see a School drop-down list. Use the drop-down lists to change selections as needed.
If you are viewing the chart for Passage Oral Reading, you'll see an additional drop-down list for the passage grade level. You can choose to view data for a specific grade level or all grade levels:
Viewing the Student's Assessments for the Measure
First, you will see a graph that shows you all the student's assessments for the selected measure in this school year (and the selected passage level for Passage Oral Reading). The graph divides the scores into each screening window.
For each assessment, you will see:
- the number of items the student answered or read correctly (the number in green above the line) (for more about these equated scores, see Correct Per Minute Scores and How They Are Adjusted)
- the number the student answered or read incorrectly (the number in red below the line) (for more about how this is calculated, see Correct Per Minute Scores and How They Are Adjusted)
- a gray dashed line that marks the minimum score for the At/Above Benchmark category (if benchmarks are available for this measure for the student's grade and the season - for Passage Oral Reading, this is not available for passages that aren't at the student's grade level or when you select All Levels)
- the student's goal as a star on the goal end date (if a goal has been set for the student for this measure) with a line showing the increase in scores needed to meet that goal (for Passage Oral Reading, the goal is only shown for the grade level that the goal was set for, and goals aren't shown when All Levels is selected)
When you select Passage Oral Reading and All Levels, the grade level for each assessment will also be shown, and assessments that were for passages outside the student's current grade level will be a lighter shade of gray. In the example below, the student is currently in grade 1. The first assessment is labeled G1 because it was a grade 1 assessment. The second assessment is for grade 2, and it is a lighter shade of gray since the student isn't in grade 2.
Below the graph, you will see a table of the student's assessment scores for this measure in this school year. For each assessment, the table includes the date, the number correct out of those attempted with the percentage correct/accuracy (adjusted), the Correct Per Minute (CPM) score (adjusted for form variation and time taken), the passage grade level (for Passage Oral Reading only), and the teacher's notes. Select View in the row for an assessment to see detailed results.
To switch to a different subject, class or group, student, or measure, use the drop-down lists at the top of the page.
Viewing a PDF/Printing the Measure Chart
To open a PDF file of the Measure Chart, or to print it, select View PDF under the table. Then, using your browser's print options, choose whether to save to a PDF or to select a printer and print a paper copy. In the PDF or printed copy, some items are omitted that are part of the user interface and not the Measure Chart itself.
Exporting the Student's Scores for a Measure to a .csv (Comma-Separated Value) File
To export all scores shown for the selected student and measure, select Download CSV at the bottom of the page.
A .csv file named export-StudentDetails.csv will be downloaded to your computer. This file can be opened with spreadsheet programs so that you can use the data in your own reporting. The file includes a row for each of the student's assessments for this measure with the following information:
- client ID (a short form of the name for your Renaissance site)
- school name
- class name
- teacher name (for the class)
- student ID
- student name
- student's grade at the time of the assessment
- activity name - Star Reading CBM Activity Type or Star Math CBM Activity Type
- measure name
- purpose - "Screening" for the recommended screening measure for the student's grade, "Progress Monitoring" if a goal is set for the measure, or "Other" for all other situations
- season - Fall Testing Window, Winter Testing Window, or Sprint Testing Window
- CBM benchmark (if available for the measure and grade) - At/Above Benchmark, On Watch, or Intervention
- correct / minute - equated CPM (correct per minute) score
- percent correct
- Percentile Rank
- decile - for scores with benchmarks only (groups of Percentile Ranks;
PRs of 1-10 = 1,
11-20 = 2,
21-30 = 3,
31-40 = 4,
41-50 = 5,
51-60 = 6,
61-70 = 7,
71-80 = 8,
81-90 = 9,
and 91-100 = 10;
1 is the lowest group of scores, and 10 is highest)
- quartile - for scores with benchmarks only (groups of Percentile Ranks;
PRs of 1-25 = 1,
26-50 = 2,
51-75 = 3,
76-100 - 4;
1 is the lowest group of scores, and 4 is highest)
- time taken (in seconds)
- date and time completed based on UTC time, not local time zones - for example, 2020-12-04T17:57:33.686Z would indicate a test was administered on 12/4/2020 at 12:57 PM EST
- test mode - Online, Mixed Format, or Print
- teacher notes
- equated number correct
- equated number attempted
- attempted per minute
- form ID
- activity ID
- application name (Star CBM Reading or Star CBM Math)
- tested at school? (yes or no, or "unknown" for older assessments that don't have the information)