User Names and Passwords
Personnel and students are assigned user names and passwords when they are added to the software or imported into the software.
Password Strength Requirements
The passwords for students and personnel must meet the strength requirements.
- Students: 2 characters minimum; can include uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (!#$%-_=+<>*)
- Teachers: 3 character minimum, including at least 2 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (!#$%-_=+<>*)
- Other School and District Personnel: 10 character minimum, including at least 3 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (!#$%-_=+<>*)
Finding Student User Names and Passwords
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- With "Students" selected, select Password Report.
- If you have access to more than one school, you'll see a School drop-down list first. Use it to select the school that you need a report for.
- In the Students drop-down list, select the class that you want to see: a single class or all of your classes.
You can also select the Classes link under the Students drop-down list and choose to see multiple classes (without necessarily selecting all of your classes). Then, check the classes you want to see and click Save Selection. The Students drop-down list will show how many classes are selected.
- Next, use the Group By drop-down list to choose whether to group students by class, to group them by grade, or to not group them at all (which lists all students alphabetically).
- Leave the box checked if you want a printout of the report to include a page break after each group (class or grade, depending on what you selected in the Group By drop-down list).
- The students in the classes you selected will be listed; if you chose to group students, you'll see multiple lists. Each list will include each student's name, user name, grade, and password.
- To open a PDF file of this report, select the PDF icon in the upper-right corner of the page. When the PDF is generated, select View PDF to open the PDF file.
For security and data integrity reasons, we do not recommend printing out user names and passwords.
Personnel User Names and Passwords
For personnel, you can see the user name when you view the person's information, but you cannot see personnel passwords in the software or in any reports for security reasons. If you are not sure what a person's password is, you can edit that person's information and set a new password.
Personnel can also reset their own password if they forget it, but only if they have previously entered their email address on the Login Settings page and verified that email address.