Restricting Student Access to Renaissance by IP Address
By following the steps below, you can restrict students' access to Renaissance software to the computers you identify. You can use these restrictions to make sure that students can only log into Renaissance software from computers in your school or district. This can prevent students from doing practice, taking quizzes, or taking assessments from home. These restrictions apply to students only, not teachers, staff members, or administrators.
These restrictions do not affect separate client programs that you download and install from Renaissance software. However, students still cannot log in from home using these programs if they do not have the programs installed at home.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
Server Administrators, District Level Administrators
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Product Administration.
- Under Access and Security, select Security Options.
- In the Restrict Student Workstations section of the Access Security options, you can enter the IP addresses or a range of IP addresses for the computers that students may use to access this software. You can enter a list of individual IP addresses, a range, or a subnet range (IP addresses that begin with the same numbers). See the examples on the left side of the page for details. Be sure to include all computers at the school or district that students may use to access the software. For assistance, contact your technology/computer coordinator or network administrator.
- When you have finished entering the IP addresses, select Save Changes.