Adding or Removing Students in a Class
Students must be added to their classes before they can use your Renaissance software. Follow these steps to add or remove students in a class. (Students must be added to Renaissance, imported, or brought in using Custom Data Integration before you can add them to classes.)
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Classes & Courses.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the School drop-down list to choose the school whose courses you want to see.
- Use the Search by drop-down list to choose how to search: by course name, course code, or class name. Then, enter the information and select Search.
- In the search results, select the class you want to change.
- The Edit Class Details page will open. Select Add/Remove Students in the Students section of the page.
- The Add/Remove Students page will list the students who are currently enrolled in the class (if any).
Select Done or Continue to make the class enrollment changes and go back to a page where you can save all changes to the class.
- To remove a student from the class, select Unenroll next to the student's name. To remove all students from the class, select Unenroll All.
- To enroll other students in the class, first search for the students to add. You can type a specific student's name, user name, or ID in the blank field or select the student's grade from a drop-down list. If you select a grade without entering anything in the blank field the search will find all students in that grade. If you want to see a list of all students enrolled in this school, do not enter any information in the blank field.
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find students with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
Next, select the magnifying glass (the search icon). The results of your search will appear at the bottom of the page; if the list is long, you will need to use the navigation arrows to move forward and back in the list. If you did not find the student(s) that you were searching for, perform another search. You may need to add the student(s) or enroll the student(s) in this school.
Check the box next to each student that you want to enroll in this class; if you want to check all students in the list, check the Students box at the top of the list. When you have selected the students, select + Enroll Students above the checklist to move them to the list of students who are enrolled in the class.
Select Back to exit the page without making any changes to the class enrollment.
If you go back to the Edit Class page, select Save on that page to ensure that your changes are saved.
If you select Cancel, but you have made changes to the class (including changes to the students and team teachers), an Unsaved Changes window will open. If you want to save the changes you made, select Save. If you want to leave the page without saving any changes (including changes to the students and team teachers), select Don't Save. To stay on the page, select Cancel.