Enroll Students in a new class
On this page you can enroll students in a new class being created.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Do one of the following:
Complete the class details selecting a school and course, adding a class name, selecting a marking period, and assigning products. Select Continue >.
Select your teacher(s) and select Continue >.
- On the left select Classes & Courses. Then, on the Classes & Courses page, select Add a Class.
- On the right, under New School Year Wizards, select Manually Set Up Classes & Courses.
How to enroll students in a new class
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Search for the students to add . Type a specific student's name, user name, or ID in the blank field or select a grade from the drop-down list. If you select a grade without entering anything in the blank field the search will find all students in that grade. If you want to see a list of all students enrolled in this school, do not enter any information in the blank field.
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find students with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
- Select the magnifying glass (the search icon). If the list of results is long, you may need to use the navigation arrows to move forward and back in the list. If you did not find the student(s) that you were searching for, perform another search. You may need to add the student(s) or enroll the student(s) in this school.
- Check the box next to each student that you want to enroll in this class ; to select all students in the list, check the Students box at the top of the list.
- Select + Enroll Students above the checklist to move them to the list of students who are enrolled in the class.
To remove a student from the class, select Unenroll next to the student's name . To remove all students from the class, select Unenroll All.
- Select Continue > to save your changes and move forward in the wizard.
Select < Back to go to the select teachers page in the wizard without saving your changes.
Select Exit to leave without saving your changes.