Select Teachers for a New Class
Use this page to add teacher(s) to a new class.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- On the left select Classes & Courses. Then, on the Classes & Courses page, select Add a Class.
- On the right, under New School Year Wizards, select Manually Set Up Classes & Courses.
- Complete the class details by selecting your school and course, naming the class, choosing the marking period, and assigning products. Select Continue >.
How to add teacher(s) to a new class
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Enter the teacher's name, user name, or ID. Or, to see the list of all teachers in your school, leave the field blank.
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find personnel with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
- Select the magnifying glass (the search icon).
- In the search results, check the box for the teacher(s) that you want to add.
- Select + Assign Teachers.
- The teacher(s) will be added to the table on the right. Select the Lead option for a teacher (required). Any other teachers you assigned will be team teachers.
- To remove team teachers, select Unassign next to the teacher in the table on the right.
- Select Continue > to save your changes.
Select Exit to exit the page without making any changes.
Select < Back to return to the Add Class page of the wizard without saving any of your changes.