Add a New Class
Use this page to add a new class.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Do one of the following:
- On the left select Course & Classes. If necessary, select a school from the picker and select Apply. Select a course name. On the Course page, select Add a Class.
- On the right, under New School Year Wizards, select Manually Set Up Courses & Classes.
How to add a new class
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
If you came in through the Course & Classes link your school and course will be filled in for you. If you came in through Wizard Set Up Courses & Classes link, you need to choose your school and can create a new course, if necessary.
- School: If necessary, choose a school from the picker and select Apply.
- Course: Either choose a course from the drop-down list or select Add a Course. To add a course:
- Enter a course name (required).
- Select a subject and intended grade from the drop-down lists.
- Select Save.
- Class Name: Type a class name.
- Marking Period: Choose the time period during which the class takes place: one of the marking periods added in Renaissance or the entire school year.
- Products: Check the box for the products that the class will use (or click Select All to check all products).
- Select Continue > to save this class and select teachers for this new class, or select Exit to leave this page without saving your changes.