Set Security Options
Use this option to prevent students from taking tests or doing work from home.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users
- Select Product Administration.
- Under Access and Security, select Security Options.
How to set security options
Use the security options to specify which computer network students can use to log in to Renaissance software. By doing this, you can prevent students from taking tests or doing work from home.
Restrictions are set using the external IP address or addresses that identify the computer network at your school. Students will be able to use computers in that network to access Renaissance Place software.
To enter external IP addresses, type them in the field. You can specify:
- one external IP address (one computer network)
- a range of external IP addresses (for multiple computer networks in your school or district)
- one or more subnet ranges (external IP addresses that begin with the same numbers)
See the examples and consult your technology/computer coordinator or network administrator for guidance as you set these restrictions.
Just above the field for entering the addresses, a message will show you the external IP address that applies to the computer you are using now. If it is not in the list, an Add to list button will be available; select it to add this address to the list. If this computer's external IP address is already in the list, the message will tell you that.
To save your changes to the security options, select Save Changes. To cancel without saving your changes, select Undo Changes. Select Back to return to the previous page.