Set Data Editing Restrictions
On this page you can restrict data editing and warn users who are trying to edit district, school, course, class, student, personnel, or school year data within Renaissance.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select Manage Your Apps & Users.
- Select Product Administration.
- Under Access and Security, select Data Editing Restrictions.
How to set data editing restrictions
Use this page to choose to restrict data editing or to warn users who are trying to edit district, school, course, class, student, personnel, or school year data within Renaissance. Restricting editing or warning users can be helpful if you synchronize the information in Renaissance with another database, such as the Renaissance Data Integrator, Skyward, or some other method.
- For each category listed, choose one of the options:
- OK means users of this software can add, edit, or delete this data without any restrictions.
- means users of this software can add, edit, or delete this data, but they will see the symbol shown. When a user selects the symbol, they will see a caution message, warning them that their changes may be overwritten from another source. (The symbol cannot be selected when it appears on a tab.)
- means users of this software cannot edit the information. The symbol will appear next to the disabled links, and users can select the symbol to see more information. (The symbol cannot be selected when it appears on a tab.)
To apply the same data setting all of the task areas, select Set All.... Then choose the setting you want and select Apply to All.
To make differnt setting selections for the various task areas, select the setting you want to the right of each task area. Note that the selection applies to the list of items covered by the task area. For example, if you choose one of the options behind "General Set Up," your choice is also applied to school years, marking periods, days off, district & schools, and courses & classes.
When you've finished setting the restrictions, select Save Changes. Select Undo Changes to reverse changes you made. To leave this page without changing the settings, select Back instead.