Set Data Editing Restrictions
On this page you can restrict data editing and warn users who are trying to edit district, school, course, class, student, personnel, or school year data within Renaissance.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name; then, select Manage Your Apps & Users in the menu that opens.
- Select Product Administration.
- Under Access and Security, select Data Editing Restrictions.
How to set data editing restrictions
Use this page to choose to restrict data editing or to warn users who are trying to edit district, school, course, class, student, personnel, or school year data within Renaissance. If you synchronize the user and rostering information in Renaissance with another database (using the Custom Data Integration/CDI service or Clever), restricting editing or warning users in Renaissance can be helpful because changes made directly in Renaissance will be overwritten during the next sync.
- For each category listed, choose one of the options:
- Allow Editing means users of this software can add, edit, or delete this data without any restrictions.
- Allow Cautioned Editing means users of this software can add, edit, or delete this data, but they will see the symbol shown. When a user hovers the mouse cursor over the symbol, a caution message will open, telling them that manual changes may cause data syncing issues with an external system.
- Restrict Editing means users of this software cannot edit the information. The symbol will appear next to the disabled links. When users hover over the symbol, a message tells them that the system administrator has restricted editing of this feature.
To apply the same data setting all of the task areas, select Set All. Then, choose the setting you want and select Apply to All.
To make different setting selections for each category, select the setting you want to the right of each category. Note that the selection applies to the list of items covered by the category. For example, if you choose one of the options behind "General Set Up," your choice is also applied to school years, marking periods, district and schools, and courses and classes.
When you've finished setting the restrictions, select Save Changes. Select Undo Changes to reverse changes you made. To leave this page without changing the settings, select Back.