Editing District Screening Windows
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- On the Manage Apps & Users page, select School Calendar.
- On the School Calendar page, select the Screening Windows tab.
- In the row for a district screening window, select Edit.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff
Rules for editing an existing district screening window:
- District screening windows must fall within the current school year.
- District screening windows cannot overlap.
- A district screening window must be at least 1 day long and can be as long as the entire school year.
- District screening windows are used by district level administrators and district staff to view assessment data at the district level in Schoozilla and Schoolzilla Starter. A district screening window can include all schools in the district or a specific subset of schools. Note: District screening windows are not used in Renaissance reports; the "district screening windows" appearing on Renaissance reports are actually school screening windows that are tied to the district.
On the Edit Screening Dates page, you can change the following information for an existing district screening window:
- District Window Name: Enter a new, unique name for the screening window in the District Window Name field.
- Date Range: Select new start and/or end dates for the window. You can either type the range in the Date Range field or select the icon on the right side of the field to open a pop-up calendar where you can select the dates (select Apply on the calendar when you are done).
If any of the listed schools (see the next step) have dates that fall outside the new dates, you will see a warning and you will not be able to change the Date Range. If this happens, you need to either (a) edit the dates for the school so they fall inside the new range of dates for the district window, or (b) uncheck the school so the date range change won't affect it.
If you change the date range, select Apply to All Selected Schools to the right of the Date Range field to update the information for all checked schools.
- Schools: Add check marks to schools that you want to be included in the district screening window you are editing; remove them from schools you want excluded (use the Select All/None box at the top of the list to check/uncheck all the schools at once). If you want to find a specific school, enter its name in the field above the list.
- Not every school in the district screening window will need to use the same dates. You can give a school its own dates by entering them in the date field at the end of the row (the same way you did for the Date Range field earlier).
In the example above, the date range for the district screening window is 9/1–9/30. The district wants to use different testing dates for the different school levels, so they have been changed (but still fall within the overall date range): the high school's test window is from 9/1–9/10, the middle school's test window is 9/10–9/20, and the two elementary schools' test window is from 9/20–9/30.
- When you are finished, select Save Changes.