Adding/Editing School Years
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- On the Manage Apps & Users page, select either the current school year (under “Managment Tasks”) or School Calendar.
- On the School Calendar page, the School Years tab should be active; if it is not, select it. Then, select either Add a School Year to add a new school year, Edit in the row for an existing school year to edit that year, or Delete in the row for an existing school year to delete it.
If you are adding a school year, you can also get to the Add School Year page by following the instructions for setting up a school year.
Since Star predicted/projected scores are based on the school year end date, the end date in the software should be as close as possible to the actual end of your school year. If students are using the software during summer school, you may extend the date for the school year after you have run reports with projected scores.
Adding a New School Year
- Select the School Year field .
- Enter start and end dates for the school year, either by typing them in the date fields or selecting them from the scrollable calendars .
- The School Year Start Date and School Year End Date must not overlap other school years and should extend a full calendar year (150 days is the minimum length allowed; 365 days is the maximum). This keeps the software active for setup and end-of-year reporting.
- If there is a prior school year, the start and end dates from that school year (advanced by one calendar year) will be entered by default, but you can change them.
- When you are done choosing dates, select Apply (or Cancel to close the calendar without saving your choices).
- Enter the First Day for Students and Last Day for Students , which are the dates that students will actually be in school and attending classes during the school year. These dates are used to calculate scores (like grade placement for Star) to align precisely to your district's calendar.
Select Apply after entering each date.
- The First Day for Students must be on or after the School Year Start Date.
- The Last Day for Students must be on or before the School Year End Date.
- 150 days is the minimum number of days allowed between the First Day for Student and the Last Day for Students; 365 days is the maximum.
- Inclement weather days and summer school should not be factored into the First Day for Students or Last Day for Students. We recommend the dates students are actually attending classes.
- If a first day and last day were entered for the prior school year, the dates from that school year (advanced by one calendar year) will be entered by default, but you can change them.
- Once you have entered all the dates, select Save .
Editing an Existing School Year
- After you select Edit in the row for a school year (see “How do I get to this page?” at the top of this screen), select the School Year field .
- Change the start and end dates for the school year by typing them or selecting them from the scrollable calendars .
- The start and end dates cannot overlap with another school year.
- When you are done changing dates, select Apply (or Cancel to close the calendar without saving your choices).
- Change the first day and/or last day that students will actually be in school and attending classes during the school year.
Select Apply after changing a date.
- The first day must be on or after the start date for the school year.
- The last day must be on or before the end date for the school year.
- Select Save to save your changes (or Cancel to leave this page without saving your changes).
Deleting an Existing School Year
After you select Delete in the row for a school year (see “How do I get to this page?” at the top of this screen), a confirmation window will open. Select Yes to delete the school year, or No to close the confirmation window without deleting the school year.
If any data is associated with the school year, a message will tell you that the school year cannot be deleted for that reason.