Viewing School Years
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- The table shows the school years currently in the system . The name of the school year for the district (School Year Name), its start and end dates (School Year Dates), and the dates that students are actually in school and attending classes (Student Attendance Dates) are listed.
In the row for a school year, use the links in the Actions column to work with that school year:
- Work In will change the school year you are working in.
You cannot work in prior school years—the Work In and Edit links will be not be available for those years. However, you can generate reports using data from prior school years.
If you are working in a school year other than the current one, the year you are working in will be shown in an orange rectangle at the top of the screen:
If you are working in a school year other than the current one, you will automatically be returned to the current school year if you leave the Manage Apps & Users section of Renaissance—for example, by going to the Home page.
- Edit lets you change the start date and end date of a school year and change student attendance dates. Note: Student attendance dates cannot be changed once the school year has started.
- Delete will delete the school year and its student attendance dates. Note that school years that have any data associated with them cannot be deleted. (This function is primarily used to delete a school year that was created accidentally.)
- Select Add a School Year to create a new school year and add student attendance dates.