Follow the steps below for assigning products to classes that are missing them. This is necessary when:
- Classes are imported.
- Your district is using a system or service that integrates information from your school information system with Renaissance.
- Classes are added without products being assigned.
Teachers and students cannot use Renaissance products until the products have been assigned to their classes.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down
list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Classes & Courses.
- If you have access to more than one school, select a school from the drop-down list.
- If you want to find all classes in the school and their courses, simply select Search. Otherwise, follow these steps to find more specific classes and courses:
- Use the Search by drop-down list to choose what to search for: a course name, course code, or class name.
- Enter what you want to search for based on the drop-down selection. You can enter all or part of the class or course name or course code.
- If you want to focus on classes that don't have any products assigned yet, select the Show classes not set up toggle to turn the toggle on. Classes not set up include those that are missing products, teachers, and/or students.
- Select Search.
- Check the box for each class that needs products assigned or removed. If you have more than 50 results, when you finish checking the boxes in the first set of results, select the right arrow above the table to go to the next set of results; the software will remember all classes you have checked.
- Once you begin checking boxes, a banner will open at the bottom of the page. The banner shows how many classes you've selected. Select the button that reflects what you want to do: Assign Products or Unassign Products.
- In the window that opens, if you're assigning products, check the products that you want to assign to the class; then, select Assign Products.
If you are unassigning products, check the products that you want to remove from the classes; then, select Unassign Products.
You'll see a message telling you how many classes are being updated, then a confirmation message when the process is done. You'll also see the changes in the table.