Add/Remove Students from a class
Use this page to add or remove students from an existing class. You start by searching for the students to assign.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Classes & Classes.
- Select a school.
- Search for a course or class.
- In the list of results, select a class name that you want to change the students in.
- On the Edit Class Details page, select Add/Remove Students.
How to add or remove students from a class
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Search for the students to add. Type a specific student's name, user name, or ID in the blank field or select a grade from the drop-down list.
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find students with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
If you select a grade without entering anything in the blank field, the search will find all students in that grade. Note: When you select a grade, the search will look for students who are currently in the grade you select, regardless of the school year that you are working in.
If you want to see a list of all students enrolled in this school, do not enter any information in the blank field.
- Select the magnifying glass (the search icon). The results of your search will appear at the right of the page; if the list is long, you will need to use the navigation arrows to move forward and back in the list. If you did not find the student(s) that you were searching for, perform another search. You may need to add the student(s) or enroll the student(s) in this school.
- Check the box next to each student that you want to enroll in this class; to select all students in the list, check the Select All Students box at the top of the list.
The grades shown for the students reflect the school year that you are working in; if you are working in the next school year, you will see the grades for that school year.
- Select + Enroll Students above the checklist to move them to the list of students on the right who are enrolled in the class.
To remove a student from the class, select Unenroll next to the student's name. To remove all students from the class, select Unenroll All.
- Select Done to save your changes and go back to the Add Class page.
Select < Back to go back to the Add Class page.
- On the Edit Class Details page, select Save to save your changes.