Viewing a Course
This page shows you information about a course and lists the classes in the course.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Courses & Classes
- Select a school.
- Select the name of the course you want to view.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
This page shows you more information about a course and lists the classes in the course.
Courses are the containers that you use to organize your classes; they may, for example, be subjects or grades. Your classes (with their teachers and enrolled students) are part of a course. Courses remain in your database from year to year, while classes are linked to specific school years and marking periods.
Since classes are unique for each school year, make sure you're working in the correct year. If you do not see the classes that you expect to see, you might need to look in a different school year. Go back to the Home page, select Manage Apps & Users, select School Calendar, then select Work in in the row for the correct school year. A banner will appear at the top of the page showing you the school year you are working in.
For the course you selected, this page shows you the course name and school. To view or edit the course name, subject, and grade, select the Course Details tab.
The classes in the course are divided into two tabs: Classes and Classes not set up.
- Classes have a lead teacher, products assigned, and students, so these classes are ready to use the software.
- Classes not set up are missing the lead teacher, the products, or the students, so they cannot use the software until you add that information by editing the class.
Select the tab that you want to view.
The lead teacher is the main teacher that you select when you add or edit the class. Team teachers are other teachers who work with the class.
From this page, you can do the following:
- To see or change class information, including the name, marking period, lead teacher, team teachers, products, and students, select the class name.
- To add a new class to this course, select Add a Class above the table.
- To assign products to classes in this course, select Assign Products.