Courses & Classes
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down
list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Courses & Classes.
If you copy classes into a new school year, once the copy is complete, you will see a Finish/Review Class Setup link at the bottom of the page that you can also use to reach this page.
How to work with courses and classes
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
Courses are the containers that you use to organize your classes; they may, for example, be subjects or grades. Your classes (with their assigned teachers and enrolled students) are part of a course. Courses remain in your database from year to year, while classes are linked to specific school years and marking periods.
- Select the link after School to bring up a list of schools to choose from.
- Select the school, then select Apply.
- The courses in the selected school will be listed, showing the course ID, subject, grade, and the number of classes (both those that have and have not been set up yet).
Use this page to do the following:
- To add a course, select Add a Course.
- To sort the list of courses by grade, select Grade in the heading. To sort the list by course name again, select Course in the heading.
- The Classes column lists the total number of classes in that course, including classes not yet set up (classes that are missing the lead teacher, products, or students).
- Use the Prev and Next links to navigate through multiple pages of results.
- To see course details and more information about the classes in a course, select the course name in the list.