Edit Profile - Login Settings
On this page, you can see your account information (full name and user name), change your password, and enter your email address.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Edit Profile.
How to edit your profile settings
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
This page may open as soon as you log in. That happens when you need to reset your password.
- To change your password, select Change Password.
- Enter the current password.
- Then, enter the new password and enter it again to confirm. To temporarily see the passwords you entered instead of the dots, select the eye image in each field containing the dots. Release the eye image to change the password back to dots.
The password must meet the strength requirements:
- School personnel - 3 character minimum, including at least 2 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (!#$%-_=+<>*).
- District personnel - 10 character minimum, including at least 3 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (!#$%-_=+<>*).
- Select Save.
To recover or reset your password using the Forgot Your Password? link on the login page, you are required to have a verified email address. In addition, your verified email address is also used to notify you of changes to your account. For users with Schoolzilla Starter, the email address is also used to log you into that program.
- Select Update Email Address.
- Enter your email address in the two fields.
- Select Verify. You will be sent an email asking you to verify the address.
- Check your email and select the link in the email within 72 hours to verify your email address. You will get an image confirming the verification was complete and your Profile Settings page will note that your email is verified. (If you need a new email sent, return to this page and under your email addresses, select Resend Verification.)
If you don't receive the verification email, it may not be appearing in your Inbox due to spam filtering. The email may have been automatically moved to another folder such as Bulk, Junk, or Junk E-mail. Adjust the settings for your email account so that future emails from email@example.com are not treated as SPAM. If you are unable to locate the email, return to the Edit Profile page and under your email addresses, select Resend Verification.