Add District Personnel
Use this page to add a new district personnel's information.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- Select Personnel.
- Select Add District Personnel under "Personnel."
How to add personnel to the district
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff
- Complete the appropriate fields with details about this person.
Tips for completing the information:
When you have finished, choose one of these options:
- You can use the Tab key to move from one field to the next.
- Any information that is marked with an asterisk (*) is required. Other information is optional - you can leave it blank if the information is not necessary for your school's records.
- To choose the permission group and gender, use the drop-down lists to choose the correct information. The permission group that you choose determines which program features the person can use.
- The user name and password cannot be the same, and user names must be different for each user.
- If you do not enter the user name, the program will generate one automatically.
- When you type the password, you will see asterisks (*) or dots instead of the information you type. The number of dots you see after you save do not necessarily reflect the number of characters in the password; this is a security feature.
- The password must meet the strength requirements: 10 character minimum, including at least 3 of the following: uppercase, lowercase, number, special character (!#$%-_=+<>*).
- Email addresses must be unique - they cannot match the email address of another user. Personnel will be asked to verify their email address when they first select Freckle or Schoolzilla on the Renaissance Home page or when they reset a forgotten password. Personnel can verify their own email address right away after you add them by selecting Edit Profile and going to the Login Settings page; please share this information with your newly added personnel.
- If you do not enter the ID when adding a user, an ID will be created by the software.
- Although the State Personnel ID is not required, it may be needed if you share data with your state.
- If you want to require the person to change his or her password after logging in next time, check the User must change password at next login box.
- If you want to save this person's information and you plan to add other personnel right away, select Save and Add so that you stay at this page.
- If you are adding just one personnel record, select Save.
- If you do not want to save the changes you made or the new information you entered, select Cancel.