Setting the Type of Student ID to Show in Renaissance (Display ID)
Use this page to choose which type of student ID you want to see in the Renaissance software and in reports.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Product Administration.
- Under Product Setup, select Display ID. This will take you to the Display ID page.
How to Choose the Display ID
This page lists the types of student IDs that are available. Select the one that you would like to see throughout Renaissance software and in Renaissance reports. For Renaissance IDs, these options are available. The information available in each ID type depends on the source of your data; viewing sample data as described below will help you decide which information may be most useful to your Renaissance users.
- Identifier: Usually a secondary ID used when the SourcedId is not used.
- SourcedId: Usually the primary unique identifier for the student.
- StateID: The student's state ID.
- UserID: Like Identifier, this may be a secondary ID type.
- Username: The student's user name in Renaissance software.
You may see more ID options related to integration with other software.
If you'd like to see examples of the types of student IDs, select View Sample Data toward the top of the page.
When you view sample data, an ID Sample Data window opens, showing you a few of your students and the different types of ID information that are available for them. If you want to see other students, select View New Sample above the table. When you're done, select Close at the bottom of the window.
After you choose the ID to display, select Save Changes. If you decide not to keep a change you've made, select Undo Changes instead. If you are simply viewing the setting and you have not made changes, select < Back when you're ready to go back to the previous page.