Import Students/Rostering Data: Three Options
There are three types of imports to choose from when importing rostering data into Renaissance: Single-School File, Multi-School Files, and OneRoster Standard. This help topic explains each one so you will know which one to use.
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Under New School Year Wizards, select Upload Your Roster.
How to Import Data
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
- Use the Import Type list to select the import type that is right for you.
- Use the Multi-School Files import type to import your school rosters into Renaissance if you use Clever or a similar student information system (SIS) to manage your school rosters outside of Renaissance. This option requires all five of the following files: students, educators, enrollments, sections, and schools.
- Carefully read the Requirements for Multi-School Files Imports and follow the instructions there to complete your import.
Follow the instructions to complete the template(s) required for the import type you selected: Single-School File, Multi-School Files, or OneRoster Standard.
Drag and drop the files in the appropriate places or browse for the files on your computer to upload them. For Multi-School Files and Single-School File imports, there will be a separate field for each file; for OneRoster Standard, you can upload multiple .csv files to the same field, or you can upload a .zip file that includes multiple files. If you want to remove a file for whatever reason, select X Delete to remove that template file from your import and upload a different or corrected file.
Multi-School Files or OneRoster Standard files: Once all the correct files are are uploaded, select Import.
Single-School File file: See How to Import a Single-School File Import File for complete instructions.
Under Most Recent Import Status at the top of the page, you will see the progress of your import or the most recent import attempted. To see the full list of other imports, select View all import history.