Deleting Multiple Student Records
Use this page to permanently delete the chosen students and their assignment records from Renaissance.
Note: Use this option only if the students are not enrolled at any school in the district and future access to the students' data is not required. Do not use this option if the student is enrolled in another school in the district or if future access to the students' data is required (for reporting purposes).
How do I get to this page?
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- On the Students tab, select Edit Multiple Students.
- Select Delete Student Records. Note: The link is disabled if you are working in a future school year; it is only available in the current school year.
How to delete multiple students and their records
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators
If you choose this option, you will have a 30-day grace period during which you can recover deleted students and their records. Once those 30 days have passed, the data cannot be recovered.
Usually only district personnel have the option to remove students records. School Level Administrators can only search for students in their own school, and they do not see the option for removing student records unless they have been given additional user permissions.
- Select the link after "Show students within" to choose the school that the students are in now.
- Select the school; then, select Apply.
- Use the drop-down list to choose the grade of the students that you want to delete.
- The students in that grade will be listed. Check the boxes for the students that you want to delete (along with their records). If you want to check all students in the list, select the box next to "Students" in the column heading.
If the list of students is greater than 50, it will be broken up into multiple pages. Select the "Next" arrow above the table (on the right) to see the next page of students. The page will remember the students that you select in each page of results so that you can apply the change to many students at once; you will see the number of students selected above the table (on the left).
- Select Apply to Students.
- A caution message appears where you can confirm that you want to proceed. Select Yes to proceed with deleting the selected students and their records. A green message at the top of the page will confirm that your action has completed.
- When you have finished, select Done to leave the page.