Recover Student Records
If students' records were permanently removed by deleting multiple student records or deleting an individual student, you can recover them during a 30-day grace period using the below steps. Once this 30-day period has passed, the records can no longer be recovered.
How to get to this page
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Manage Apps & Users.
- Select Users.
- Select Edit Multiple Students under "Students."
- Select Recover Student Records.
How to Recover Student Records
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators
- Search for the student(s) whose records you want to restore. Enter a name, ID, or user name in the field at the top of the page. To find all students whose records have been permanently removed, leave the field blank. Select the magnifying glass (search icon).
- If you include a space in what you're searching for, the software assumes you are looking for a first name and last name (such as "John Smith").
- If you enter a last name first and then a first name, include a comma (such as "Smith, John"). This is especially helpful if you are using a last name that includes a space (for example, "Del Castillo, Miranda").
- If you enter characters without a comma or space, the software will look for names, user names, and IDs that start with that text. For example, "ann" might find students with the first name "Ann" or "Annabelle" or the last name "Anning", user names like "ann32", or IDs like "ann36278".
- In the search results, check the box for each student whose records you want to recover.
- Select Recover Students. A green message at the top will tell you that the student records were recovered.
- To search for more students, go back to step 1. When you are finished recovering student records, select < Back.