What’s included in Schoolzilla’s data management platform
Schoolzilla’s data platform includes several parts:
Data are ingested from your source systems (e.g. SIS, assessment data) and stored within the Schoolzilla data warehouse. The data are then surfaced (visualized) in our reporting and analytics platforms, District Progress Monitoring Dashboards and Metric Zoom. Below are more details on each part of the system.
Data Connectors help you get your data into Schoolzilla; data are brought in from your source systems through the connectors. You can connect Schoolzilla directly to your data systems (like your SIS, your assessment system, or your behavior system) with a live connector. Live connectors refresh your data automatically, usually overnight. You can also use one of our file connectors to upload some data files (like NWEA MAP results). Click here to see our full list of connector options.
Data you connect to Schoolzilla goes into your Schoolzilla Data Warehouse. Your Data Warehouse is a single, centralized place where all your data lives.
Schoolzilla's Data Warehouse doesn't just collect your data in one place; it also transforms your data into the Schoolzilla data model, which is optimized for K-12 reporting. What does “optimized for K-12 reporting” mean? It means we've made it easy for you to do the kind of analysis schools need.
Let's take a specific example: reporting on trends. Principals and teachers often want to see how a key metric changes over time. They don't just want to see whether a student came to school today; they want to see whether the student is chronically absent and how that student’s attendance has changed over the course of the school year. Schoolzilla knows educators need to do this kind of analysis, so the Data Warehouse creates one record for each day a student is enrolled. That structure makes it easy to analyze longitudinal trends in just a few clicks.
Schoolzilla's dashboards provide a curated view of your district's results in near real-time so that you can manage progress toward your most important goals.
Once your data is loaded into the Schoolzilla Data Warehouse, you can use the dashboards to view the data to:
- Align your team on shared, strategic priorities to best support your students
- Set district and school goals to track progress toward meaningful outcomes
- Easily track progress at the district level, within each school, and even down to a single student
Team leaders can identify root cause on specific goals. Interactive charts and Metric Zoom let you dive deep to find bright spots for replication and pinpoint areas for improvement:
- Compare and filter multiple student demographic groups
- Dig deeper into strand-level data
- Explore performance up to five years
School and classroom leaders can take action and improve outcomes with specific student tiers or groups:
- Customize groups based on multiple metrics to get a list of students who need additional support
- Track students’ progress and response to interventions
- Synchronize teams by sharing intervention groups
Equity is at the center of Schoolzilla's analytic system. Leaders can view progress on all metrics by student ethnicity, English Learner status, SPED status, and more:
- Configure demographic groups to match your unique district compositions
- View progress across schools for different student populations
- Compare within student demographic groups to monitor equity for all