Expulsion Rate Business Rules
Definition: Percent of students who have been expelled
Periodicity (time period): Ongoing - calculates as year-to-date (cumulative)
Default Cut Off: at least 1 expulsion
Default Performance Levels:
| No Expulsions
|| Not expelled
| 1-2 Expulsions
|| Expelled once
| 2 or More Expulsions
|| Expelled 2 or more times
- Admin User: Which behavior responses should be included as expulsions can be configured in the Data Configurations Settings. See here for further guidance on how you can edit this configuration.
- Schoolzilla support: Performance levels.
District and School Metric Calculation:
|Expulsion rate =
||Number of students who have been expelled
|Number of students enrolled1, 2, 3, 4
- Students who had an enrollment record in the current academic year, including exited students
- A school's expulsion rate and count reflect expulsions earned at that school site.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her expulsion would contribute to the school where the expulsion took place.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district expulsion rate and count include all expulsions the student has received in the district, not just what was received in the current or selected school. See below logic.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's expulsion in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's expulsion received in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled but were enrolled anytime that year).
- The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows a student's expulsion in the district (not just the current or selected school).
Student Level Metric: Total number of expulsions
Source: Student Information System (or behavior system, e.g., SWIS, Kickboard)
Update Frequency: Nightly
- This metric may not match your state reporting calculation due to the fact Schoolzilla incorporates all students ever enrolled in the school year in this metric. A student is considered as ever enrolled even if he/she was enrolled for only one day.
- If two different systems that you have connected to Schoolzilla overlap in capturing expulsions (ex. a expulsion is tracked in your student information system and the same expulsion is tracked in Kickboard), Schoolzilla cannot differentiate between those events and will instead show them as duplicates. Schoolzilla Support can add a parameter to use only one system as a source of truth if preferred.