90-90 Attendance Business Rules
Definition: Percent of students with at least 90% of hours attended out of total instructional hours with a default goal of 90% of students in district or school to meet the target. Includes weights based on enrollment and for students with 85-90% attendance. This is the primary calculation used by the state of Missouri.
Periodicity (time period): Ongoing - calculates as year-to-date (cumulative)
Default Cut Point: 90% (or absent 10% of instructional hours)
Default Performance Levels:
| 90% or above attendance
|| Attendance rate > 90%
| 87.5%-90% attendance
|| Attendance rate 87.5-90%
| 85-87.5% attendance
|| Attendance rate 85-87.5%
| Below 85% attendance
|| Attendance rate < 85%
Some metrics can be configured, either by Administrator users or by Schoolzilla Support via a Support ticket. Options for this metric:
- Admin User: None
- Schoolzilla Support: None
District and School Metric Calculation:
|90-90 Attendance =
||Total number of students attending above 90% of instructional minutes possible1,2,3,4
|Total number of students with attendance records1, 2, 3, 4
- Students who had an enrollment and attendance record in the current academic year, including exited students.
- A school’s attendance metrics only include students’ attendance data from when they attended that school.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, the student’s attendance is used for their primary school’s attendance metrics.
The student records that are used to calculate the district attendance include all attendance the student has earned in the district, not just what was earned in the current or selected school. See below logic.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's attendance in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's attendance earned in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled anytime that year)
The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows a student's attendance in the district (not just the current or selected school).
Student Level Metric Calculation: None. This metric can be used in conjunction with the Attendance and Hourly Attendance metrics available on Our Students/Student Profile. See the Average Daily Attendance (ADA) Business Rules article for more information.
Source: Student information system.
Update frequency: Nightly for attendance data in the last 60 days. Additional days can be refreshed through a request to Schoolzilla support.
- This metric may not match your state reporting calculation due to the fact Schoolzilla incorporates all ever enrolled students in the school year in this metric. Schoolzilla considers a student to have been ever enrolled, even he/she was enrolled for only one day.