Reviewing Data Over Time, by Strand, or by Demographic Group (Metric Zoom)
Select the Metric Zoom icon on a tile () in the District Profile or School Profile dashboards to get more information about your district's or school's high-level results. Using Metric Zoom, you can:
- Track changes in performance over five years, including strand data for many assessments.
- Support root cause analysis and continuous improvement on your most important metrics with data comparison and filtering options.
- Identify key goal areas, grade levels, or demographic groups that need attention from educators.
- Drill down by custom groups unique to your school system.
- View and export a data table.
- Present your school system's stories of success and growth opportunities in meetings.
For an introduction, watch this brief video:
After selecting Metric Zoom, you can:
- Choose to view data for up to five school years.
- Use the Choose Content drop-down list to choose to view by strand. You can then check the strands that you want to view.
If you view multiple strands, you can hover over a strand to highlight it on the graph, or select a strand to remove it from the graph or re-add it. If you hover over a line on the graph, you can see more details.
- Use the Filter By drop-down list to choose whether to filter by grades, EL status, gender, migrant status, primary ethnicity, school level, school region, or school. (Note that only the demographic data that has been entered in your Renaissance software is available for these filters.)
- Use the Compare By drop-down list to choose to compare students by grades, EL status, gender, migrant status, primary ethnicity, school level, school region, or school.
You can then hover over the items you're comparing to highlight them or select items to remove them from the graph and add them again. You can hover over a line on the graph to see more information as shown below.
- Take advantage of the other views. For example, select Table to see the data in a table instead of a graph.
Or select Distribution to see distribution graphs instead of trend lines:
For the Star Proficiency Rates for State Benchmarks, you can also select Other Reports to open a Star report on state performance.
- Select Export CSV to export the data you've viewing in table form in a .csv file, which can be opened by most spreadsheet programs.