Schoolzilla Starter allows you to filter, view, and group students based on their demographics.
Demographic information comes to Schoolzilla Starter from your Renaissance software. If you are using the CDI service, that information may originate in your school information system. If not, some student information is entered when you add or edit students, and other information is set when you assign student characteristics to students in Renaissance. See the table below for more information.
|Demographic Information in Schoolzilla Starter
||Where/How It Is Entered in Renaissance
- Primary Ethnicity
|This information is selected when you add or edit a student's information or import your import student information.
- EL Status
- FRL Status
- IS SPED
- Migrant Status
- SPED Status
Renaissance software includes the following student characteristics that apply to this demographic information:
- Limited English Proficiency (sets EL Status to Limited English Proficiency)
- Free Lunch (sets FRL Status to Free)
- Reduced-Price Lunch Program (sets FRL Status to Reduced)
- Special Education (sets Is SPED to true)
- Migrant (sets Migrant Status to Migrant)
- Americans with Disabilities (ADA) (sets SPED Status to Americans with Disabilities/ADA)*
- Dyslexic (sets SPED Status to Dyslexic)*
- Learning Disabled (sets SPED Status to Learning Disabled)*
- Physically Disabled (sets SPED Status to Physically Disabled)*
* For students with more than one of these characteristics, SPED Status is Multiple Disabilities in Schoolzilla Starter.
In Renaissance software, you can assign student characteristics to an individual student or multiple students at the same time.
If you are importing a single-school import file, you can also add students' characteristics to the file.
You can filter or compare by demographics using Metric Zoom. Schoolzilla Starter Administrators can view the demographic groups that are available in the Data Configuration Settings.