Changing Demographic Groupings (Data Configuration Settings)
In the Data Configuration Settings, you can choose which filters are visible to users when you select a metric on dashboards, and you can add or change demographic categories.
Who can do this?
Schoolzilla Starter Administrators
Review and group demographics
It will take 24 hours for configuration changes to take effect.
Schoolzilla Starter Administrators can access Data Configuration Settings by selecting Settings, then Data Configuration Settings.
When you come to this page, Demographic Breakdowns are selected.
On the left side of the page, you will see a list of the demographic breakdowns that are available, and the first one (Current Grade Level) will be selected. Select the demographic breakdown that you want to see or change the settings for.
Note: Demographic breakdowns reflect the demographic information that you have entered in Renaissance software (gender, characteristics, etc.). If the demographic information has not been entered for students, it will not be available in Schoolzilla Starter.
For the selected demographic breakdown, you can do the following:
- Decide whether the demographic breakdown should be one of the available filters or bar graph views when you select a metric tile. To set this, use the toggle on the right side of the page to choose one of the following:
Note that it can take up to 24 hours for your change to take effect.
- Group demographics into your own categories:
- To create a new category, use the scrollbar under the existing categories to scroll to the right until you see the button, and select it to create your own category. Enter the category name, choose whether to make it the default category, and select Update.
- Use the above each existing category to edit the name or choose to make it the default category; then, select Update.
- Use the above existing categories to delete a category.
- To move a value from one category to another, check the value in the category list, select the category that you want to move it to from the drop-down list, and select Move.
Metric configurations are not available for Schoolzilla Starter, but they are available for paid versions of Schoolzilla.