The first steps in creating a dashboard are to name it and to begin selecting which metrics to use.
- Enter a name for the new dashboard , describing what data it will be used to track. This name will appear at the top of this dashboard's thumbnail image on the navigator page, so be certain to give it a name that will make it easy to identify.
- Select a scale to be used as the standard your data will be measured against . (A suggested scale will be in place already, but you can select a different one.)
All assessment data on this dashboard will be mapped to the scale you choose.
- Star Enterprise: The standard Scaled Score range for Star Math or Star Reading, ranges from 0–1400.
- Star Unified: A single scale that unites the Scaled Scores from Star Reading (0–1400) and Star Early Literacy (300–900); it ranges from 0–1400.
- Lexile®: The Lexile scale is a developmental scale for measuring reader ability and text complexity created by MetaMetrics, Inc. The measure is stated as a number with an "L" after it, and can range from below 200L for emergent readers to above 1600L for advanced readers. Scores below 0L have a "BR" (Beginning Reader) prefix; when this prefix is followed by a number and an L, it means the Lexile measure for this reader is that number of units below 0L (e.g., BR125L is 125 units below 0L).
- PARCC *: Scale used on PARCC tests (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers); it ranges from 1–5.
- SBAC *: Scale used on SBAC tests (Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium); it ranges from approximately 2000–3000.
* Coming soon; scale will be available once the linking study is complete.
- Select an Impact Metric and a Factor Metric for the dashboard. (Suggested metrics will be in place already, but you can select different ones.)
On the quadrant view, the Impact Metric will be on the vertical y-axis, and the Factor Metric will be on the horizontal x-axis.
Once you have finished these steps, the dashboard will be populated with the schools in your district. By default, you begin on the quadrant view.
Once a dashboard has been named, it will automatically be saved. Any further changes made to the dashboard will also be saved automatically.