Factors are individual metrics used to create single-metric views that you can add to the Decide and Act/Adjust view of a dashboard. Each single-metric view (up to six) associated with a dashboard is displayed as a widget next to a scaled-down version of the stack or quadrant view.
Factors can be added to or removed from a dashboard at any time, not just when the dashboard is initially being created.
- Select the Decide and Act/Adjust icon at the top of a dashboard .
- In the Decide and Act/Adjust view, the quadrant or stack is reduced in size and moved over to the right side of the screen ; you can select the expansion arrow at the bottom to open the full-size version in a pop-up window.
Select the factor you want from the drop-down list that appears in that slot .
You will see a "No Data" message if:
- You try to add a factor widget when there is insufficient data to be graphed (for example, a factor widget for Star Reading Scores created before any students have taken a Star Reading assessment).
- You try to create a factor widget for a program that isn't being used in your district.
- There is an incompatibility between the dashboard data and the chosen factor.
- Select the in the upper-right corner of a factor widget to delete it .
If Renaissance Learning has a suggested value for a goal, it will be marked by a green line on the slider (not all factors have suggested values).
The suggested value (or goal set by the user) is what sets the "green zone" on all visualizations.
You can only set a goal for the Impact Metric. The other metrics will use Renaissance Learning's default goal (if any).
In the example below, Renaissance Learning's suggested goal value for the dashboard is a median pass rate of 67 for the spring reading assessment; the user has set a value higher than that suggestion by sliding the goal circle to 85. In all data visualizations of "SGP - Reading," the "green zone" is now set to 85.
If there is no suggested value for a goal and the user does not set one, there will be no "green zones" on the data visualizations:
- Select the PDF button for a printable version of the Decide and Act/Adjust view.