Star CBM Data Insights - Students Not Assessed
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
On this page, you can see which students have not yet completed any Star CBM Reading, Star CBM Lectura, or Star CBM Math assessment in the current screening window.
Each year, Star CBM includes three screening windows, whose dates cannot be changed:
- Fall Starts on the school year start date or August 1 (whichever is earlier) and runs through November 30.
- Winter is from December 1 through March 31.
- Spring begins April 1 and runs through the end of the school year or July 31.
How to Get to This Page
- First, go to the Star CBM Data Insights page using one of two methods:
Then, for the Reading - English, Reading - Spanish, or Math Participation Rate, select Explore the data.
- On the Home page, select Star CBM Reading, Star CBM Lectura, or Star CBM Math; then, select Data Insights from the menu that opens.
- On the Home page, select Reports; then, select Star CBM Data Insights.
Note: You can choose to see Data Insights pages in either English or Spanish using the language links at the top of the page.
On the Star CBM Participation Rate page, use the drop-down lists and "View by" options to choose which data to view and how to view it.
To see a list of unscreened students, select the number of students who weren't assessed in the last column of the table.
Viewing the Students Who Have Not Completed Assessments
Above the table, you'll see which data you've chosen to view: the school, grade, teacher, and/or class/group and the screening window. Below that information (and just above the table), you will see the date and time when data was last updated. When you're viewing data for all schools, the data is updated nightly. When you're viewing data for individual classes, the data is current.
In the table itself, you'll see the following information for each student. You can sort the table by any column by selecting the column heading; select the heading again to reverse the order.
- student name
- the student's current grade
- the student's school
- the student's class (students in more than one class may be listed more than once)
- the teacher of the student's class
Viewing a Printable PDF or Downloading Data for Spreadsheet Programs
Do you want to print or save the data? Select Print or Save above the table; then, using the options in the window that opens, print the page or save it to a PDF file.
To download a file suitable for spreadsheet programs (.csv), select Download Data. The file will include the information that you are viewing in the table.
To go back to the main Data Insights page to see other information, select All Data at the top of the page. To go back to the Participation Rate page, select the Participation Rate link.