Student Details Page
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, Star Math, or Star Spanish.
- In the drop-down list, select Record Book.
- After using the Star Record Book to view data for all students in a class or group, select the name of one student to open the Student Detials page for that student.
You can also get to the Student Details page by selecting Star Record Book on the Star / Assessment tab of the Reports page, under “Screening and Instructional Planning” (and then selecting the name of one student).
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators, Teachers
If you select a student's name in the Star Record Book, the Student Details page for that student will open. On this page, you can see detailed records of the student's Star assessments in the chosen subject.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, you will see the subject you are viewing data for, the class or group the student is in, and the name of the student. You can change any of these by using the appropriate drop-down lists.
- Teachers can only view students in one of their own classes.
- If you are assigned to more than one school, you will also need to select a school (the School drop-down list will only appear when necessary).
- At the bottom of the page is a table showing all of the student's assessments in the selected subject. For each assessment, the date, activity (type of assessment), and score are listed (select the heading of a column to re-sort by the data in that column).
The table uses the same colored squares as the Star Record Book (see legend below table) to indicate what benchmark the student's score placed them in at the time of the test.
- Use the drop-down list in the Actions column in the row for a test to perform one of the following actions:
- View Mastery will open the Monitor Student Mastery Dashboard, where you can see the student's skill area mastery and mastery of domains, standards, skills, and subskills based on data from Star tests. The row you select the link in determines what test data appears on the dashboard.
- Deactivate (or Reactivate) will let you deactivate an assessment or reactivate one that was already deactivated. Deactivating a test removes the test-taking data and the test results from any reports or calculations for the student.
Reminder: With default user permissions, only district administrators, district staff, and school level administrators can deactivate and reactivate Star assessments. Teachers will not see Deactivate or Reactivate in the drop-down list.
- Select Back to Class View at the top of the page to return to the Star Record Book.