Student Details Page
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance and access the Star Record Book.
- On either the Latest Tests, Screening Comparison, or Star CBM tab, use the Subject, School (if necessary), and Class or Group drop-down lists to view a specific set of students.
- In the table of students, select a student's name to go to the Student Details page for that student.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
If you select a student's name in the Star Record Book, the Student Details page for that student will open. On this page, you can see detailed records of the student's Star assessments in the chosen subject.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, you will see the subject you are viewing data for, the class or group the student is in, and the name of the student. You can change any of these by using the appropriate drop-down lists.
- Teachers can only view students in one of their own classes.
- If you are assigned to more than one school, you will also need to select a school (the School drop-down list will only appear when necessary).
- When the Student Details page is opened by selecting a student's name in the Star Record Book, the Overall tab is shown by default. Select the Star CBM tab to view Star CBM-specific data for the student.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, you will see a summary of the student's current performance based on their latest Star assessment and their latest Star CBM assessment. The information displayed will vary based on the type of assessment the student has taken (see the tip below).
In the example below, the student's latest Star assessment was a Star Reading test, so in addition to the Percentile Rank (PR) and Scaled Score (SS), the Lexile® Range and Lexile® Measure are shown. Also shown is the score from the latest Star CBM Reading assessment (a Passage Oral Reading test) and a projected score.
- The benchmark is the one being used in the Star Record Book.
- If a student has not taken a Star assessment or a Star CBM assessment, it will not be included in the summary. If the student in the example above hadn't taken a Star CBM assessment, the summary would look like this:
- Scores/information shown in performance summary:
a. If the Lexile® Measure scale was chosen in the Record Book (on the Latest Tests or Screening Comparison tab), the Lexile® Measure will be shown instead of the Scaled Score.
b. If the Lexile® Range preference is set to show Lexile® Ranges, they will be shown instead of ZPD Ranges. Note that although ZPD Ranges are not supported in Star Early Literacy, Lexile® Ranges are, so if the preference is set to show them, they will be shown in the performance summary for Star Early Literacy.
c. Depending on the setting of the Quantile® Measure preference.
d. Renaissance's research-based estimate of what the student's Scaled Score will be by the end of the school year. Based on national data, 50% of a student's academic peers met or exceeded this amount of growth (with peers defined as students in the same grade with a similar score history).
e. For Star Math Enterprise, algebra readiness will only be shown for students in grades 1–8. For Star Math Progress Monitoring, algebra readiness will only be shown for students in grades 3–8. Algebra readiness will not be shown for algebra-only or geometry-only tests.
- At the bottom of the page is a table showing all of the student's assessments in the selected subject. For each assessment, the date, activity (type of assessment), and score are listed (select the heading of a column to re-sort by the data in that column).
The table uses the same colored squares and circles as the Star Record Book (see legend below table) to indicate what benchmark the student's score placed them in at the time of the test.
- Use the drop-down lists in the Actions column in the row for a test to perform one of the following actions:
For both English and Spanish versions of Star Early Literacy, Star Reading, and Star Math
For Star CBM
- View Mastery will open the Monitor Student Mastery Dashboard, where you can see the student's skill area mastery and mastery of domains, standards, skills, and subskills based on data from Star tests. The row you select the link in determines what test data appears on the dashboard.
- Deactivate (or Reactivate) will let you deactivate an assessment or reactivate one that was already deactivated. Deactivating a test removes the test-taking data and the test results from any reports or calculations for the student.
Reminder: With default user permissions, only district administrators, district staff, and school level administrators can deactivate and reactivate English and Spanish versions of Star Early Literacy, Star Reading, and Star Math assessments. Teachers will not see Deactivate or Reactivate in the drop-down list.
- You can create a PDF version of the table (which you can save or print) by selecting View PDF under the table at the bottom of the page.
You can download a CSV file (export-StudentDetails.csv) with all of the student's test data by selecting Download CSV under the table at the bottom of the page.
- Select Back to Class View at the top of the page to return to the Star Record Book.