Star Test Record Report
The Star Test Record Report shows individual results for tests taken within a specific date range.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, or Star Math.
- In the drop down-list, select Reports.
- On the Star / Assessment tab on the Reports page, under “Growth and Progress,” select Star Test Record Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- Select Choose Assignment Type... (either the link or the button) to choose the assignment types to include in the report.
In the pop-up window, select the application you want to generate the report for:
- Star Early Literacy Assessment (English)
- Star Early Literacy Assessment (Spanish)
- Star Math Assessment (English)
- Star Math Assessment (Spanish)
- Star Reading Assessment (English)
- Star Reading Assessment (Spanish)
- Any of the summative tests (ACT Aspire, PARCC, or Smarter Balanced)
After you select an application, a second column (Assignments) will open. In this column, select a single type of assignment.
In the example above, the user selected Star Math Assessment (English) for the application and Star Math Enterprise Assessment (English) for the assignment.
Select Apply (or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Select Change Students... to choose whose data you want to see in the report.
- Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the pop-up window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see any groups that you have created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Date Range drop-down list to choose the dates you want to generate the report for. You can select an existing marking period, screening window, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Use the Scale drop-down list to choose which scale you want to use for the scores on the report. (If you select a scale that doesn't apply to the selected assignment type, such as Reading Age for Star Math, the default scale for that assignment type will be used.)
Notes on Scales:
- PARCC (Math) only applies to grades 3–8.
- PARCC (Reading) only applies to grades 3–10.
- Smarter Balanced (Reading and Math) only applies to grades 3–8.
If the selected scale does not apply to some of the selected students in the report, the Star Enterprise Scale will be used for those students.
- Check Show Grade Equivalent to include Grade Equivalent scores in the report.
- Check Show Testing Location if you want the report to show whether students tested at the school or remotely.
- Check Page Break Between Students to have each student's report start on its own page.
- Check Hide Students Without Data if you want to have students without test data omitted from the report.
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page.
- The test record for each of the selected students is shown. Every test (of the type selected) taken during the chosen date range is listed, with the most recent test at the top. The total number of tests taken is listed at the bottom.
- The date of each test is listed, along with the scores from that test. You will also see whether the student took the test in school (if you selected that option earlier; "N/A" means either the test was taken before this tracking feature was added to the program or your school/district is not tracking this information). The scores shown will vary based on the type of test selected; the example above shows scores from a Star Math Enterprise (English) assessment.
- If the student used extended time limits for a test, a footnote stating so will be attached to the date of the test.
The score in the Score column is shown in the scale you selected earlier.
If the following conditions are met:
then the Lexile® Range will be shown instead of the ZPD.
If the report is for Star Math Enterprise (English) or Star Math Progress Monitoring (English) assessments and the Quantile® Measure preference has been set to show Quantile® Measures, the report will show Quantile® Measures. (At this time, Quantile® Measures are not available for Star Math Spanish, Star Math Algebra, or Star Math Geometry assessments.)
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.