Student Performance Record Report
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Student Performance Record Report is a useful tool for teachers to find patterns and diagnose problems in a student's practice. This report can be generated for Accelerated Reader quizzes (on the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab), Accelerated Math Instructional Practice work (on the Math Practice tab), or Star Custom work (on the Star / Assessment tab).
For reading quizzes, the report lists the quizzes or assignments that each student has completed during the time period that you selected. For each quiz, you will see:
- the date
- the quiz number and language (EN for English or SP for Spanish)
- the title
- whether the book or article is fiction
- whether the book was read independently (for Reading Practice Quizzes only - other quiz types will show NA in this column)
- the number of questions answered correctly and the total number of questions on the quiz (possible)
- the percent correct score
- the number of points earned (where applicable) and the points possible for the quiz (measured)
- the book level (difficulty level)
At the end of each student's table, you'll see a summary row that includes the number of quizzes taken and passed, the total number of questions correct and possible and the overall percentage correct, the total points achieved of those possible (measured), and the average book level/difficulty level (this is a weighted average).
For math quizzes and Star Custom assessments, the report shows the date each activity was done, the class and teacher, the number of questions answered correctly, the number possible, and the percent correct.
Follow these steps to print the report:
- If you are not already on the Reports page, select Reports on the Home page; then, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice or Math Practice in the menu that opens.
When you go to the Reports page, the tab that is open by default depends on the choice you made in the menu.
- On the Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice tab or the Math Practice tab, select Student Performance Record Report in the Monitor Progress section of the page. (If you have added the report to the Pinned Reports, you'll find it under that section at the top of the page.)
On the Star/Assessment tab, select Star Student Performance Record Report in the Star Custom section of the page.
For math, the assignment type is shown; go to step 4.
Accelerated Reader/Reading Practice:
For reading, select the Quiz Type drop-down list; then, check the quiz types that you want to include in the report (or click Select All to choose all quiz types). When you have finished, click away from the drop-down list.
In the report, students will have a table for each type of quiz that you select.
Select Choose Assignment Types (either the link or the button).
In the first column of the window that opens, choose Star Custom. Then, in the second column, choose Star Custom Assessment. (If you prefer to generate the report for instructional resources instead, select Instructional Resources and the preferred resources.) When you're done, select Apply.
- If you want to change the selected students, select Change Students.
Then, choose the students to include in the report. Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the popup window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list). This column is not available to most teachers.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see groups you created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- If you want to use demographic data to focus the report on specific students, select Choose Demographics.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for ethnicity, gender, language (the students' primary language, if specified), and grade level. To focus the report on specific groups, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column. Note that ethnicity, gender, primary language, and grade level may be specified for students when you add them to the software, but only grades are required; other information may not be available for your students.
In the example above, the user has selected one Language and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To focus the report on students with specific characteristics, choose Select Characteristics; then, check the characteristics that you are interested in. You must also choose any or all above the check boxes to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you have finished choosing demographic options, select Apply at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
- By default, the report will include the current school year. If you want to choose all time, a marking period, or custom dates instead, select the date field.
If you want to use one of the marking periods that have been added for your school, select the marking period in the list. (You can also select "All Time.")
If you want to use custom dates, select Custom. Then, type the start and end dates in the fields (using four digits for the year), or select the start date and then the end date in the calendar (use the arrows to the left and right of the months to go back or forward). When you're done, select Apply.
- For the reading report, you must also choose the scale: ATOS or Lexile®. The book (difficulty) level will be shown in the scale you choose.
- If you want each student's report to start on a new page, check Page Break Between Students.
- If you do not want reports for students who have no data for the selected assignment type, check Hide Students Without Data.
- Select Update Report under the report options.
- The report will open below the report options. For each student, you will see a table for each assignment type that you chose for the report.
You can sort the information in each table by a specific column by clicking the column heading. Click it again to reverse the sorting of the list. For Accelerated Reader, you can use the Title column to list a student's quizzes alphabetically.
If you want to open a PDF of the report that you can print or save, select the PDF icon at the top of the page.
- When you're ready to leave the page, you can select the Home button to go back to the Home page. To go back to the Reports page, select the Reports button (circled below) or the Back to Reports link.