Star State Performance - Student Report
The Star State Performance - Student Report graphs a student's pathway to proficiency on the state summative test.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, or Star Math.
- In the drop down-list, select Reports.
- On the Star / Assessment tab on the Reports page, under “State Performance and Mastery,” select Star State Performance - Student Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- Select Choose Assignment Type... (either the link or the button) to choose the assignment types to include in the report.
In the pop-up window, select the application you want to generate the report for:
- Star Math Assessment (English)
- Star Math Assessment (Spanish)
- Star Reading Assessment (English)
- Star Reading Assessment (Spanish)
After you select an application, a second column (Assignments) will open. In this column, select a single type of assignment.
In the example above, the user selected Star Math English Assessment for the application and Star Math Enterprise Assessment (English) for the assignment.
Select Apply (or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Select Choose Students... (either the link or the button) to choose the students to include in the report.
- Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the pop-up window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see any groups that you have created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Date Range drop-down list to choose the dates you want to generate the report for. You can select an existing marking period, screening window, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates or type them in the fields using m/d/yyyy format; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Use the Scale drop-down list to choose which scale you want to use for the scores on the report.
notes on the scales
- The Lexile® Scale does not apply to Star Early Literacy scores.
- If the selected scale does not apply to some of the selected students in the report, the Star Enterprise Scale will be used for those students.
- To the right of the Scale drop-down list, check Hide Students Without Data if you want students without test data omitted from the report.
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page.
- For each student, a graph shows the student's test scores during the selected date range, measured against the scale you selected in step 5, along with a line indicating the pathway to proficiency (a legend below the graph defines the pathway and explains what the various elements of the graph represent).
- If the student has taken at least three tests, a trend line is also shown. A trend line is a straight line intersecting a group of data points on a graph; its location and slope are determined through statistical analysis. It indicates whether the student's overall scores are rising, falling, or remaining the same.
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.