Star Parent Report
The Star Parent Report provides a printable informational letter for parents or guardians, and is available in English and Spanish.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading, Star Early Literacy, or Star Math.
- In the drop down-list, select Reports.
- On the Star / Assessment tab on the Reports page, under “Parent and Other Reports,” select Star Parent Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- Select Change Assignment Type... to choose the assignment types to include in the report.
In the pop-up window, select the application you want to generate the report for:
- Star Early Literacy Assessment (English)
- Star Early Literacy Assessment (Spanish)
- Star Math Assessment (English)
- Star Math Assessment (Spanish)
- Star Reading Assessment (English)
- Star Reading Assessment (Spanish)
After you select an application, a second column (Assignments) will open. In this column, select a single type of assignment.
In the example above, the user selected Star Math English Assessment for the application and Star Math Enterprise Assessment (English) for the assignment.
Select Apply (or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Select Change Students... to choose whose data you want to see in the report.
- Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the pop-up window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see any groups that you have created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Reporting Period drop-down list to select a marking period for the measure. You can select an existing marking period, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Use the Sort Students By drop-down list to choose how you want students to be sorted in the report: by last name or grade.
- Use the Language drop-down list on the right to choose a language for the report (English or Spanish).
- Check Show Grade Equivalent if you want to include Grade Equivalent scores in the report.
- Check Show Student ID if you want to include student IDs on the report.
- Check Hide Students Without Data if you want to have students without test data omitted from the report.
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page. Within the selected time frame, it shows each student's scores for the chosen product, along with an explanation of what those scores mean. This helps parents or guardians understand how a student's performance compares to that of other students across the nation.
At the bottom of the page, there is space left for signatures and comments.
If the following conditions are met:
then the Lexile® Range will be shown instead of the ZPD.
If the report is for Star Math Enterprise (English) or Star Math Progress Monitoring (English) assessments and the Quantile® Measure preference has been set to show Quantile® Measures, the report will show Quantile® Measures. (At this time, Quantile® Measures are not available for Star Math Spanish, Star Math Algebra, or Star Math Geometry assessments.)
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.