Skills Status Report
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Skills Status Report shows individual student and group performance on skills covered by the students' assignments. This report can be generated for Literacy Skills Quizzes, Accelerated Reader 360 skills practice assignments, Accelerated Math Instructional Practice assignments, Star Custom assessments, and instructional resources. The report includes the number of correct items, the number possible, and the percent correct for each skill and all skills.
If you want to use demographic data to focus the report on specific students, select Choose Demographics.
- If you are not already on the Reports page, select Reports on the Home page; then, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice, Star / Assessment, or Math Practice in the menu that opens.
When you go to the Reports page, the tab that is open by default depends on the choice you made in the menu.
- On the Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice and Math Practice tabs, select Skills Status Report in the Mastery Status section of the page. (If you have added the report to the Pinned Reports, you'll find it under that section at the top of the page.)
On the Star / Assessment tab, select Skills Status Report in the Star Custom section of the page.
- Select Choose Assignment Type (either the link or the button).
- In the window that opens, choose one of the products in the first column; then, choose a quiz, test, or assignment type in the second column. This report supports Accelerated Reader Literacy Skills Quizzes, Accelerated Math Instructional Practice assignments, Star Custom assessments, and Accelerated Reader 360 article skills practice assignments. Select Apply.
- Select Choose Students (either the link or the button).
- Choose the students to include in the report. Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
By default, the report will include the current school year. If you want to choose all time, a marking period, or custom dates instead, select the date field.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for ethnicity, gender, language (the students' primary language, if specified), and grade level. To focus the report on specific groups, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column. Note that ethnicity, gender, primary language, and grade level may be specified for students when you add them to the software, but only grades are required; other information may not be available for your students.
In the example above, the user has selected one Language and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To focus the report on students with specific characteristics, choose Select Characteristics; then, check the characteristics that you are interested in. You must also choose any or all above the check boxes to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you have finished choosing demographic options, select Apply at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
If you want to use one of the marking periods that have been added for your school, select the marking period in the list. (You can also choose "All Time.")
If you want to use custom dates, select Custom. Then, type the start and end dates in the fields (using four digits for the year), or select the start date and then the end date in the calendar (use the arrows to the left and right of the months to go back or forward). When you're done, select Apply.
If you only want to include classes or groups who have data, check Hide Groups Without Data.
Select Update Report under the report options. The report will open under the button.
To create a PDF file of the report that you can print, select the PDF icon in the top right corner of the page.
The report will open in a new tab in your browser; use the browser or PDF options that are available to print the report.
When you're ready to leave the page, you can select the Home button to go back to the Home page. To go back to the Reports page, select the Reports button (circled below) or the Back to Reports link.