Consolidated State Performance Report
The Consolidated State Performance Report lets you use the results of Star Math and/or Star Reading assessments to determine the student performance outlook on state tests.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Reports; in the drop-down list, select Administrator. (Note: If you would normally only have access to administrator reports, there will be no drop-down list; selecting Reports will take you directly to the Administrator tab.)
- On the Administrator tab on the Reports page, under “Customizable Reports,” select Consolidated State Performance Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Select Change Students... to choose whose data you want to see in the report.
In the pop-up window, you will see a number of columns where you can make your student selections.
When you are done selecting the students you want to include in the report, select Apply (or select Cancel to close the pop-up window without saving your selections).
- At the top of the Schools column, if you have access to more than one school, choose either All Schools (to select all the schools you have access to) or choose Select Schools and then check the schools you want to include in the report. If you only have access to one school, you will not need to select schools—the Schools column will be hidden.
- After the school selection has been made, the next two columns will populate with all the teachers and classes in the school(s). Use the "All" options at the top of each column to select all the teachers and classes, or use the "Select" options and check specific teachers and classes to include in the report.
In the example above, the person generating the report chose East Elementary School as the school, and then selected three specific teachers at that school. The Classes column lists all the classes for those three teachers—since All Classes is selected, the report will be generated for all of the students in all classes belonging to those three teachers at East Elementary School.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Group By and Then list drop-down lists to determine how the data in the report should be arranged.
For some customers in larger school districts, the options in the Group By and Then list drop-down lists are limited to the following:
- Use the Date Range drop-down list to choose the marking period you want to generate the report for. You can select an existing marking period, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).)
Data from all Star Math or Star Reading tests taken within the selected date range will be used when creating this report.
- Select the content area you want to see data for (Reading or Math). Check Hide Sections Without Data if you want to omit sections of the report that have no data in them.
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- What happens next depends on the complexity of the report and the amount of data being compiled to create it.
- In most cases, a "loading..." message will appear while the report is being created:
... and then the report will open on the screen (skip ahead to step 8).
- In some cases, a "Generate Report" message will appear. When this happens, you can either wait for the report to be completed (skip ahead to step 8), or you can select Skip screen view & return later for a PDF to leave this screen.
You will go to the "My Created Reports" tab—a " Generating PDF" message in the Actions column means the report in that row is still being generated. (Refresh this page or return to it later to see status updates.)
When the report is ready, select Download PDF in the Actions column to download the report as a PDF file. (You can skip the remaining steps below.) Completed reports will remain available for 14 months after they are created.
- Once the report is generated, it opens at the bottom of the page.
- The performance outlook for the selected students is shown, arranged according to your choice in step 3. The example above shows math content, grouped by school and then listed by grade.
- The performance outlook is based on research that links Star tests to your state test.
- The last row of each table is a summary of the data in that table. A summary of all the data is in the Report Summary table at the bottom of the page.
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- If the report is more than one page long, use the links at the bottom to navigate between pages.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.