Consolidated School-to-Home Report
The Consolidated School-to-Home Report summarizes one student's work in all Renaissance programs in a report that can be given to parents.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Administrator Reports.
- On the Administrator tab on the Reports page, under “Customizable Reports,” select Consolidated School-to-Home Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Select Choose Students... (either the link or the button) to choose whose data you want to see in the report.
- Teachers can only choose students in their own classes and groups.
- In the pop-up window, if there is a Schools column, select a school. (This column isn't available if you only have access to one school.)
- If the Teachers column is available, at the top of the column, choose either All Teachers (to choose all the teachers in the school) or Select Teachers (to choose specific teachers; check the ones you want in the list).
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- At the top of the Classes column, choose either All Classes (to choose all the classes for the teachers) or Select Classes (to choose specific classes; check the ones you want in the list).
- Teachers and school staff will also see a Groups column. At the top of the Groups column, choose either All Groups or Select Groups; if you choose Select Groups, check the groups that you want to include. The first choice in the column is "Whole Class" or "Whole Classes"; choose this to report on the class(es) as a whole. Below that, you will see any groups that you have created.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see the Students column. At the top of the Students column, choose either All Students (to choose all the students) or Select Students (to choose specific students; check the ones you want in the list).
When you are done making your choices, select Apply (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices).
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Reporting Period drop-down list to choose the marking period you want to generate the report for. You can select an existing marking period, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).)
- You can include additional data in the report to compare one student's work to his or her classmates. To the right of the Reporting Period drop-down list, check the boxes to include the average scores of all the students in the same class and/or all the students in the same grade and school.
- Check Show Grade Equivalent if you want Grade Equivalent scores to be included on the report. Check Hide Students Without Data if you want students with no data to be omitted from the report.
- Select the products that you want included in the report. Note: If you select a product that a student has not used, that product will not appear on the student's report.
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page. (The example below shows a report where Accelerated Reader and Star Early Literacy were selected as the products.)
- The student's scores for each product are shown in a table.
- If you chose to include average scores for the student's class and/or grade, they are shown in columns to the right of the student's scores.
When the average Scaled Score is calculated for a group of students, the Rasch scores are averaged first; that average is then converted to the average Scaled Score for the group. This method is more accurate than using each student's individual Scaled Score for the calculation.
- Blank spaces are left at the bottom for teacher signatures, parent signatures, and any comments you want to write on a printed copy of the report.
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.