Consolidated Status Report
The Consolidated Status Report shows how students in each class performed on selected assessments in the reporting periods you select.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Administrator Reports.
- On the Administrator tab on the Reports page, under “Customizable Reports,” select Consolidated Status Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Select Change Students... to choose whose data you want to see in the report.
Make your selections in the pop-up window.
Once you are finished choosing teachers and classes, select Apply at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel to close the window without saving your choices). You can make changes by selecting Change Students... before completing the report.
- At the top of the Schools column, if you have access to more than one school, choose either All Schools (to select all the schools you have access to) or choose Select Schools and then check the schools you want to include in the report. If you only have access to one school, you will not need to select schools—the Schools column will be hidden.
- The Grades column will show all the grades in the selected school(s). Choose either All Grades at the top of the column to include data from all grades in the report or choose Select Grades and check specific grades to include in the report.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, and Language. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected one Ethnicity, while leaving Gender and Language at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Group By and Then list drop-down lists to determine how the data in the report should be arranged.
The Group By choice you make hierarchically determines the Then list options available. For example, if you choose Grades in the first list, you can only choose Teachers or Classes/Groups in the second list.
- Check Hide Sections Without Data if you want to omit sections of the report that have no data in them.
- In the Add Columns section, use the Subject and Assignment Type drop-down lists to choose the assignment types to include in the report.
The selection you make for Subject determines what appears in the Assignment Type drop-down list. Typical assignment types are shown below for Reading (left) and Math (right).
- Use the Measure Category drop-down list to choose the measure you want the report to track. The available measures will change depending on the assignment type you have chosen. For example:
If additional parameters must be set for the selected measure category, the controls for setting them will be provided. For example, when Grade Equivalent (GE) is selected, the additional parameters required are (a) whether to show Average, Median, or both, and (b) the time frame to include data from (see the next step; in this case, additional time frames can be added by selecting + Time Frame).
- Use the Time Frame drop-down list to select a marking period for the measure. You can select an existing marking period, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).)
You can add up to four more time frames (for a total of five) by selecting + Time Frame. If you add a time frame and then change your mind, select the trash can icon above the right corner.
- Select + Add New Column to add a second (optional) assignment type and measure for the report (follow the same steps you did for the first one).
If you add a second column and then change your mind, select the trash can in the upper-right corner to delete it.
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report.
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page.
- The data is grouped as determined in step 3. (In the example above, the data is grouped by schools and listed by teacher.)
- The measures for the chosen assignment types are shown in separate columns—each assignment type shows the marking period and the selected measure.
- The overall averages for the measures are in the bottom row.
When the average Scaled Score is calculated for a group of students, the Rasch scores are averaged first; that average is then converted to the average Scaled Score for the group. This method is more accurate than using each student's individual Scaled Score for the calculation.
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select either Back to Reports or the report icon at the top of the screen.