Consolidated Assessment Proficiency Report
The Consolidated Assessment Proficiency Report provides statistics on the number and percentage of students who did and did not participate in Star Math and Star Reading tests and the number who are proficient based on the value you select. You can use this report to identify sub-groups of students who need help and to anticipate achievement on upcoming state tests.
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select Administrator Reports.
- On the Administrator tab on the Reports page, under “Customizable Reports,” select Consolidated Assessment Proficiency Report.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff
- Select Choose Assignment Type... (either the link or the button) to choose the assignment types to include in the report.
In the pop-up window, select the application you want to generate the report for:
- Star Math Assessment (English)
- Star Math Assessment (Spanish)
- Star Reading Assessment (English)
- Star Reading Assessment (Spanish)
After you select an application, a second column (Assignments) will open. In this column, select a single type of assignment.
In the example above, the user selected Star Math English Assessment for the application and Star Math Enterprise Assessment (English) for the assignment.
Select Apply (or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).
- Select Choose Students... (either the link or the button) to choose whose data you want to see in the report.
In the pop-up window, you will see a number of columns where you can make your student selections.
When you are done selecting the students you want to include in the report, select Apply (or select Cancel to close the pop-up window without saving your selections).
- At the top of the Schools column, if you have access to more than one school, choose either All Schools (to select all the schools you have access to) or choose Select Schools and then check the schools you want to include in the report. If you only have access to one school, you will not need to select schools—the Schools column will be hidden.
- After the school selection has been made, the next two columns will populate with all the teachers and classes in the school(s). Use the "All" options at the top of each column to select all the teachers and classes, or use the "Select" options and check specific teachers and classes to include in the report.
In the example above, the person generating the report chose East Elementary School as the school, and then selected three specific teachers at that school. The Classes column lists all the classes for those three teachers—since All Classes is selected, the report will be generated for all of the students in all classes belonging to those three teachers at East Elementary School.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Ethnicity, Gender, Language, and Grade Level. To reduce the scope, choose the "Select" option at the top of the appropriate column and then check your selections in that column.
In the example above, the user has selected two Languages and three Grade Levels, while leaving Ethnicity and Gender at the default "All" options. Note: The Filter Reports by Ethnicity user permission may be set to prevent the use of ethnicities as a filter.
By default, the "All" option is chosen for Characteristics. To reduce the scope, choose Select Characteristics... and then check each characteristic you want students in the report to have. You must also choose any or all (after "Include students with") to specify whether students with any of the selected characteristics will be included in the report or only those with all of the selected characteristics.
In the example above, the user selected two Characteristics (ADA and ESL). Because any is selected, the report will include students who are ADA, ESL, or both. If all had been selected, only students who are both ADA and ESL would be included. Note: The Filter Reports by Characteristics user permission may be set to prevent the use of characteristics as a filter.
Once you are finished choosing demographic options, select Apply
at the bottom of the window to save your choices (or Cancel
to close the window without saving your choices).
- Use the Group By and Then list drop-down lists to determine how the data in the report should be arranged.
The Group By choice you make hierarchically determines the Then list options available. For example, if you choose to group by Teachers, you can only list by Classes or Students.
- Use the Date Range drop-down list to choose the marking period you want to generate the report for. You can select an existing marking period, or you can select Custom... and set your own dates (use the calendars to select a range of dates; then select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close this pop-up without saving your selection).)
- Use the Proficiency Type drop-down list to choose which score you want to use to measure student proficiency: Percentile Rank (PR) or Normal Curve Equivalent (NCE). Both of these scores range from 1–99; use the At/Above Proficiency Score drop-down list set the cutoff score for proficiency (the default value is 50).
- Once you are done choosing report options, select Update Report (below the Proficiency Type drop-down list).
- The report will generate and then open at the bottom of the page. The view will differ based on how you grouped and listed the students in step 4—in the example below, the data is grouped by Classes, then listed by Students.
In the example above, since the data is listed by student, each individual student's participation rate and proficiency level is shown.
If different options had been selected in step 4 (for instance, group by Schools, then list by Teachers), the average participation rates and proficiency levels would be given, as shown below:
- You can change any of the options you have selected and then regenerate the report by selecting Update Report.
- To print the report, select the PDF icon at the top of the screen: .
- To return to the Reports page, select the navigator icon at the top of the screen: .