Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
Use the Book Labels report to print labels for the books in your school library that have matching Reading Practice Quizzes. The book labels measure 2 5/8" x 1" (30 labels per page, Avery L5160).
The title and author always print on the labels. District level administrators, district dashboard owners, and district staff can print book labels for any school; school level administrators and school staff and teachers can print book labels for their school.
To ensure that the labels print correctly, make sure that the scale is 100% and that no options to fit the labels to the page are used.
Follow these steps to print book labels:
- If you are not already on the Reports page, select Reports on the Home page; then, select Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice in the menu that opens.
The Reports page will open with the Accelerated Reader / Reading Practice tab selected.
- Scroll down to the Management Reports section of the page and select Book Labels Report. (If you have added the report to the Pinned Reports, you'll find it under that section at the top of the page.)
- One school is selected by default. If you need to change the school that you are printing book labels for, select Change Schools.
Then, select a school in the window that opens and select Apply.
- Select Choose Quizzes to select the quizzes for which you need book labels. (If some quizzes are already selected, the button changes to Change Quizzes.)
- In the window that opens, use the Quiz Search field to search for each quiz that you want to include in the book labels. You can search by keyword, title, author, or quiz number.
In the search results, check the quizzes that you want to include in the report. Those quizzes will be added to the list on the right. Continue to search and add quizzes - the ones you have already selected will remain in the list.
If you want to remove a quiz from the list, select Remove next to the quiz title (or Remove All to remove all quizzes.
You can narrow your results using the filters. Select Filters to the right of the search field. Then, choose one of the categories on the left side of the Filters window.
You can choose from the following:
- F/NF: Fiction, nonfiction, or both (or undefined for quizzes that don't have a designation, such as some Teacher-Made Quizzes).
- Language: Choose to include English (EN) and/or Spanish (SP) quizzes.
Any filters that you have chosen will be checked on the left. If you want to clear the filters that you've applied, select Clear All. When you're ready to close the filters, select Close.
After you close the filters window, the filters that are applied are shown below the search field. You can select the X on a filter to remove it, or select Clear All to remove all filters.
When you're done selecting quizzes, select Apply at the bottom of the window.
You will see a list of the quizzes that you selected. For each quiz, enter the number of labels that you want to print.
If you want to remove a title from the list, select .
Next, scroll down below the list and choose which book level scale(s) to include on the book labels: ATOS, Lexile® Measure, or both.
Use the next drop-down list to choose how to sort the labels on your sheet. You can sort by title, author, quiz number, fiction versus nonfiction, book level (difficulty level), or points.
To choose whether to include quiz numbers, interest levels, points, and book levels (Level) on each book label, check the boxes. Labels will also include title and author.
Choose where you want to start printing labels on the sheet (if you have a partially used sheet that you want to finish).
Select Update Report to generate the labels. Note: The order of the labels is determined by your choice in the Sort drop-down list on this page; see step 8.
To create a PDF file of the labels that you can print, select the PDF icon in the top right corner of the page. Then, select View PDF in the message that appears to open the PDF file in a new tab. When you print the PDF file, for true label sizing and positioning, do not use "fit to page" or other scaling options. After printing, simply close the tab and go back to the software tab.
When you're ready to leave the page, you can select the Home button to go back to the Home page. To go back to the Reports page, select the Reports button (circled below) or the Back to Reports link.
To ensure that the labels print properly, make sure that the scale is 100% and that no options to fit the labels to the page are used.