Star CBM Data Insights - Participation Rate
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, District Dashboard Owners, District Staff, School Level Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
This page helps you to see how many of your students have received any Star CBM Reading, Star CBM Lectura, or Star CBM Math assessment during the current screening window. You can view data for schools, grades, and classes or groups and for any screening window in the current school year.
How to Get to This Page
- First, go to the Star CBM Data Insights page using one of two methods:
Then, for the Reading - English, Reading-Spanish, or Math Participation Rate, select Explorar los datos.
- On the Home page, select Star CBM Reading, Star CBM Lectura, or Star CBM Math; then, select Data Insights from the menu that opens.
- On the Home page, select Reports; then, select Star CBM Data Insights.
Note: You can choose to see Data Insights pages in either English or Spanish using the language links at the top of the page.
Choosing the Data to View
First, choose the data that you want to view using the drop-down lists at the top of the page.
- School: If you have access to more than one school, choose "Todas las escuelas" to see data from all of your schools or choose a single school. If you only have access to one school, you will see your school name.
- Class or Group: If you choose a single school, you can choose to see data from all classes that you have access to or from a single class or group.
- Grade: Choose "Todos los grados" or a single grade (from K to 6 for Star CBM Reading, from K to 4 for Star CBM Lectura, or from K to 3 for Math). Students who are in the selected grade(s) in the current school year will be included.
- Screening Period: Choose the screening window that you want to see data for in the current school year (Fall, Winter, or Spring).
- Measure: Choose whether to include participation in all measures, all measures that have norms and benchmarks for the selected grade(s), or a specific measure.
After you make changes, select Actualizar below the drop-down lists to show the data.
How Recent Is the Data?
To the right of the School and/or Class or Group drop-down list(s), you'll see the date and time when data was last updated. When you're viewing data for all schools, the data is updated nightly. When you're viewing data for individual classes, the data is current.
Choosing How to View the Data
Once you have chosen which data to view, use the options above the table to decide how to view the data. If you are viewing data for all schools, you can choose to view data by School or Grade. The choice that you make determines what appears in the first column of the table and how data is grouped.
If you view data for one school, you can choose to view data by grade, teacher, or class/group.
Using the Participation Data
The table helps you see your progress in assessing students. Depending on the choices you made on the page, you will see data for each school, grade, teacher, or class/group. For each of these, you'll see the following (based on the criteria you selected at the top of the page).
You can sort the table by any column by selecting the column heading; select the heading again to reverse the order.
- % Assessed: For students who are in grades K-6 for Star CBM Reading, grades K-4 for Star CBM Lectura, or grades K-3 for math, this is the percentage of students who have completed any Star CBM Reading, Star CBM Lectura, or Star CBM Math assessment in the selected screening window.
Each year, Star CBM includes three screening windows, whose dates cannot be changed:
- Fall Starts on the school year start date or August 1 (whichever is earlier) and runs through November 30.
- Winter is from December 1 through March 31.
- Spring begins April 1 and runs through the end of the school year or July 31.
- Students Assessed: This is the number of students who have completed any Star CBM Reading, Star CBM Lectura, or Star CBM Math assessment in the selected screening window.
- Students Eligible: Eligible students are those for whom assessments are available in the selected screening window. For Star CBM Reading, this includes students who are in grades K-6, For Star CBM Lectura, it includes students in grades K-4. For Star CBM Math, it includes students in grades K-3. Only students who are in a class that has Star CBM assigned are included.
- View Students Not Assessed: The number of students who are eligible for CBM assessments but who have not yet been assessed in the selected screening window. If you want to see a list of those students, select the link.
Viewing a Printable PDF or Downloading Data for Spreadsheet Programs
Do you want to print or save the data? Select Imprimir o Guardar above the table; then, using the options in the window that opens, print the page or save it to a PDF file.
To download a file suitable for spreadsheet programs (.csv), select Descargar datos. The file will include the information that you are viewing in the table. The "Ver por" column will be based on how you chose to view the data - by school, grade, or class/group.
To go back to the main Data Insights page to see other information, select All Data at the top of the page.