Star CBM - Record Audio Preference
Teachers, school administrators, and district administrators can use this preference to set whether the audio for Star CBM assessments may be recorded for each individual student. Please note:
- If the Star CBM - Audio Recordings district preference does not allow recording, the settings of this student preference (Star CBM - Audio Recordings) will have no effect.
- Even if recordings are allowed, the teacher or staff member who administers the assessment must choose to have it recorded.
- Only Online and Mixed format assessments may be recorded.
How to get to this preference
To get to the Star CBM - Record Audio preference page, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select your name in the top right corner. Then, choose Edit Preferences from the menu that appears.
- Select Star CBM - Record Audio under the Individual Student Preferences on the Preferences page.
How to set the preference
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, school-level administrators, teachers
District-level administrators can set the preference for students in all classes at all schools. School-level administrators can set the preference for students in all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for students in their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the Schools drop-down list to choose the school whose classes you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Classes drop-down list to choose the class that you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Students drop-down list to choose the students that you want to set the preference for. Then, check the students. If you want to set the preference for all of the students in the selected classes, click Select All. (The link changes to Clear All when you do this; select that link if you want to clear all selections.)
- The students are listed. For each student, check the box if you want to allow audio to be recorded during the student's Online or Mixed Star CBM assessments. The teacher administering the assessments must still choose to record audio, and if the district Star CBM - Audio Recordings preference does not allow recording, the setting of this preference won't have any effect.
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected students, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, choose the setting that you prefer from each drop-down list; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)
- Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)