Dates and Times for Star Custom
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance.
- On the Home page, select your name in the upper-right corner. In the drop-down list, select Edit Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, select Dates and Times for Star Custom in the School Preferences section of the page.
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District Level Administrators, School Level Administrators
The Dates and Times for Star Custom Preference determines the dates and times that students are allowed to take Star Custom assessments. You can also choose whether to restrict testing to Mondays through Fridays only, and whether teachers can use the Monitor Password to override the setting of this preference.
District level administrators can set the preference for all schools on your site. School level administrators can set the preference for their own schools. District staff, school staff, and teachers cannot set the preference (unless they have been granted special permissions), but they can view the preference settings.
- After you select Dates and Times for Star Custom on the Preferences page, you will see the school(s) in your district that you have access to and the current setting of the preference at each school.
- To restrict Star Custom tests to a specific date range, check Assessments only allowed from and then select the field to the right. Use the calendars that pop up to select a range of dates—select Apply to use the dates you have chosen or Cancel to close the pop-up without saving your selection.
- Check Assessments only allowed Monday - Friday if you want to restrict Star Custom tests from being taken on weekends.
- To restrict Star Custom tests to a specific range of hours, check Assessments only allowed between and then use the sliders to choose the start and end times for the range of allowed hours.
- Check Allow monitor password to override Date and Time Restrictions if you want to let teachers override the preference. When this option is chosen, if a student tries to take a Star Custom test during one of the restricted time periods, the teacher can enter the monitor password to lift the restriction and allow the student to test.
- When you have finished making your changes, select Save Changes to save them (you will see a confirmation message once your changes have been saved). You can also select Undo Changes to undo your changes to the preference setting.
- Select Back at the top of the page to return to the Preferences page when you are done.