Show Quiz Answers Preference
Use this preference to set whether students who pass Accelerated Reader quizzes will be allowed to review the questions and see the correct answers to the questions that they answered incorrectly. (Students who fail quizzes will not be allowed to review the questions.)
If you allow this, students who pass quizzes will see a Review Questions button after the quiz. When they select the button, they will see each question (both those they answered correctly and those they did not). For incorrect answers, they will see their answer highlighted in red and the correct answer in green. Note that students sometimes misuse the review feature to share answers with others; if you find that students are doing this, turn the option off. Even when the option is off for students, teachers can see a student's individual quiz answers when they select Review/Rescore for a quiz in the AR Record Book.
This preference applies only to quizzes taken in the current school year. Students cannot review questions for quizzes they took in past school years.
If students are allowed to review questions, they can see them both at school and if they log in from home using Renaissance Home Connect.
How to get to this preference
To get to the Show Quiz Answers preference page, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select your name in the top right corner. Then, choose Edit Preferences from the menu that opens.
You can also select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Show Quiz Answers under the Class Preferences on the Preferences page.
How to set the preference
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, school-level administrators, teachers
District-level administrators can set the preference for all classes at all schools. School-level administrators can set the preference for all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- If you have access to more than one school, use the Schools drop-down list to choose the school whose classes you want to set the preference for.
- Select the Classes drop-down list to choose the class(es) that you want to set the preference for. Then, check the classes. If you want to set the preference for all of your classes, click Select All. (The link changes to Clear All when you do this; select that link if you want to clear all selections.)
- The classes you selected are listed. For each class, check the box if you want students who pass Accelerated Reader quizzes in this school year to be able to review the questions and answers.
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected classes, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, check the box or remove the check mark; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)
- Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)