Password Requirement Preference
Use this preference to set whether a monitor password is required before and/or after reading quizzes and before Star tests.
The monitor passwords themselves are set in two separate preferences:
Monitor passwords can be unique for each class; the passwords are case-sensitive, so teachers must enter the appropriate password exactly as it appears in the preference. Note that a monitor password is always required when you stop an Accelerated Reader quiz or Star test.
How to get to this preference
To get to the Password Requirement preference page, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, select your name in the top right corner. Then, choose Edit Preferences from the menu that opens.
You can also select Accelerated Reader Independent Reading or one of the Star products on the Home page and then choose Preferences from the popup menu.
- Select Password Requirement under the Class Preferences on the Preferences page.
How to set the preference
Who can do this with default user permissions?
District-level administrators, school-level administrators, teachers
District-level administrators can set the preference for all classes at all schools. School-level administrators can set the preference for all classes at their schools. Teachers can set the preference for their classes. Other staff cannot set the preference unless they have been granted special permissions, but they can view the settings.
- By default, all of your classes are listed.
If you want to set the preference for specific classes, select the link under the preference name.
If necessary, select a school in the first column. In the right column, you can either select All Classes and Groups or choose Select Classes and Groups and check the classes. When you're done, select Apply.
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
- Your classes are listed. For each class, check the occasions when you want to require the class monitor password:
- Before Star tests
- Before book and article quizzes (Reading Practice Quizzes, Literacy Skills Quizzes, Vocabulary Practice Quizzes, and Other Reading Quizzes)
- After book and article quizzes
Select Save Changes to save your settings. (Select < Back to go back to the Preferences page.)
If you want to use the same setting for all of the selected classes, select Set All above the table.
In the popup window, check the occasions when you want to require the monitor password; then, select Apply to All. (You still need to save your changes.)