What Type of Data Is Shown on Each Report?
This topic will help you find the reports that have the data you're looking for.
For sample reports, see https://www.renaissance.com/products/myon-reader/reports/.
Goals on Reports
When you view several of the reports (described below), you can also set goals for students and see how students are progressing toward those goals. The goals that you can set for each report are mentioned in the report descriptions below.
You will find the fields for setting goals directly above the related report columns. First, use the drop-down list to select Your Goals; then, after entering values, select Save as Your Goals.
After you set goals on reports, select Goals in the top right corner of the Reports page to see the goals you have set (the circle on each line) and the recommended goals (marked with ). To adjust a goal, select and move the circle on the goal line.
For more about setting goals, see Setting Goals for Reports.
Goals will not appear on student dashboards; they only appear in reports.
Reports that show Usage and Proficiency
Reports that show Growth Over Time
- Shows trends over time, allowing for comparison of multiple data points (like Words Read versus Lexile® Growth) to begin understanding correlations and effects of reading practice using myON.
On-Target Lexile® Reading Report
- Identifies students who are reading outside their target range. When you generate this report, you can set goals for the average percentage of reading done at the student's Lexile® level.
- If your license includes Lexile® assessments, this report identifies students that haven’t taken a benchmark exam as well as those that are off track to meet the yearly growth goal. When you generate this report, you can set goals for the average growth per Lexile® test and the yearly growth trajectory; enter the number of Lexile® levels that you expect students to grow.
Extended User Activity Report
- Shows student reading activity and progression prior to the current school year (for students who were previously reading in myON within their current district). You can generate this report across multiple school years, or you can use it to get an in-depth look at current school year data.
Point-in-Time School Summary (Building Administrators and District Administrators only)
- Shows historical information about student reading activity for the timeframe you selected, which may include previous school years. The downloaded report summarizes data by week (Monday through Sunday), with each week available when the next week begins; downloaded data includes weekly summaries by grade. The report provides administrators with insights into growth, engagement, and reading data that can help them identify trends and opportunities.
Reports that show Habits and Trends
Reading Habits Report
- Shows when users are logging in and reading in myON during the school day, before school, after school, and on weekends. When you generate this report, you can set a goal for students' percentage of reading done out of school.
Most Popular Books Report
- Shows the most popular titles students are reading, as well as information around the Lexile® level of each title and the students reading that title.
Most Popular Categories Report
- Shows which categories are most popular with students by number of pages read in the category and time spent reading in the category.
Reports that show information about myON News
News Reading Report (for myON News subscribers)
- Shows how many articles students have read, along with time spent reading articles. When you generate this report, you can set goals for the percentage of days that students read myON News and the average number of minutes per week spent reading myON News.
News Content Report (for myON News subscribers)
- Shows which categories and articles are most liked, and which are read the longest. This report also gives you information on myON News quiz results.