Understanding myON Book Selection
This topic tells you more about how myON selects books to offer and why some titles are not offered. There are three ways a particular title can get into myON:
- It could be published by one of our existing partners. With over 60 participating publishers on the myON platform, it's quite possible the title you're interested in is already represented on myON! If not, we can reach out to an existing publishing partner and ask for the title to be added to myON.
- Sometimes, a different version of the title could be produced by one of our publishing partners. For example, there could be a graphic novel or an abridged version of the book. In that case, we might already have the title in this different version, or we can reach out and request it.
- A title could be in the public domain within the US, which could allow us to convert the title to the myON platform and make it available through one of the myON Classic packages.
If the title isn't in myON, we can approach the publishers of the book to see if that publisher would be interested in being represented on myON. Some publishers are not interested in being part of the myON platform because of our generous license (allowing all students access to the book at the same time), or because they have an exclusive agreement with a distribution partner that prevents participation with myON. We are actively seeking new partners for myON, and have reached out to many potential publishers. If there is a title you're interested in, follow these steps to add the title to the wish list:
- Make sure you are logged in to myON.
- In the bottom right corner of the page, select .
- Select Educator Resources at the bottom of the page.
- Select one of the links at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the User Menu section on the right side of the page and select Add to Wish list. Then, enter information about the book that you would like added.