How to View Reports (Faculty)
Faculty can follow these steps to access, customize, and generate reports to view students' data.
The reports in myON measure student reading activity and growth and content popularity and usage.
- From the teacher dashboard (main page), click Classroom, then Reports. You will see several Reports to choose from, with each one focusing on different and complimentary metrics. In this example, we will look at the Core Report, which is the most comprehensive report in myON.
- Choose the Scope. For many reports, you can choose between My Students, Students in Group, and My Groups. For some reports, you can choose Student and choose an individual student instead of My Groups. The Extended User Activity report allows you to select My Students or Students in Group only.
- My Students gives you a report that includes all of the students assigned to your roster. Depending on the report, you may see each student's specific data.
- Students in Group will run a report for students in a group that you created from your account.
- My Groups will give you a total or average (depending on the metric) for all participants in each group you have created. You cannot see individual user data in this scope, only group totals.
- Student allows you to select a specific student so that you can generate a report for that student only.
Select a Date Range for the report. Note: It can take 24 – 48 hours for all reading data to matriculate successfully into reports. This is due to a number of reasons, including offline data that uploads regularly from students using the app.
Click Run Report on the right side of the page.
The first thing you will see is a Summary for the report. Below that, you will see the report itself. You can customize how the data is displayed on the report. For reports with goals, use the drop-down list to choose whether to see and set your goals or to see goals set by others; click here for more information about goals. Click column headers to sort the report by the data in the selected column. The example below shows the Core Report.
To download the report as a .csv file, click Download Report in the bottom left corner of the page. The .csv file will include the body of the report, but not the Summary data at the top of the page.